Our valued sponsor

Best Spanish-speaking country to open a bank account

Fajosst

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Next year I will travel to some LATAM countries, what would be the best option for an offshore bank account?

I have availability to go to countries in other continents that speak Spanish (Spain for example), but I don't know if there are opportunities for this case.

I am Brazilian, so I need a bank that accepts foreigners for a personal account.

My company is an LLC - Delaware, if possible I would like to create a bank account for my company too.

Do you know any bank from Spanish-speaking countries that is available for my case?

Thank you to anyone who can help.

I might look at Panama, but they would ask lots of questions

What countries do you plan to travel to and what kind of presence (residency, business contacts, address) plan to establish in each one of those countries? What are the purposes for those accounts?

What countries do you plan to travel to and what kind of presence (residency, business contacts, address) plan to establish in each one of those countries? What are the purposes for those accounts?

I can travel to any country that speaks Spanish. I have some countries in mind (Peru,Mexico,Ecuador, Colombia, Spain for touristic purposes), but I can visit another country if it is advantageous.

I do not intend to establish other relations with the country, I need to create a personal bank account to keep my personal savings.

And the business bank account would be to receive transactions from payment processors (I work with ecommerces).

Then it would be a bank account for a foreigner, non-resident and not interested in being a resident or owner of a local company.

Thanks! Do you have any specific US branch that speaks Spanish in mind?
Can put you in contact with friends in Miami, also open a Florida LLC for having a business account

Reactions: Fajosst
I can travel to any country that speaks Spanish. I have some countries in mind (Peru,Mexico,Ecuador, Colombia, Spain for touristic purposes), but I can visit another country if it is advantageous.

I do not intend to establish other relations with the country, I need to create a personal bank account to keep my personal savings.

And the business bank account would be to receive transactions from payment processors (I work with ecommerces).

Then it would be a bank account for a foreigner, non-resident and not interested in being a resident or owner of a local company.

brou.com.uy first but call them ahead and ask for specific requirements. Next agree is USA.

Banco Sabadell in Miami speaks Spanish and Portuguese, but balance requirement is $100k+

In LATAM, Panama it's possible to open if you have patience. Lots of forms to fill. Uruguay is also possible but becoming more stringent.

I don't think you'll succeed in opening a business account for your US LLC in LATAM.

Banco Sabadell in Miami speaks Spanish and Portuguese, but balance requirement is $100k+

In LATAM, Panama it's possible to open if you have patience. Lots of forms to fill. Uruguay is also possible but becoming more stringent.

I don't think you'll succeed in opening a business account for your US LLC in LATAM.

if I travel to Spain, possibly I can create a personal account at Banco Sabadell ?

if I travel to Spain, possibly I can create a personal account at Banco Sabadell ?

In Portugal, you may open a personal bank account at any bank but you must have a NIF number. As a foreigner non-resident, you may get a NIF quite easily, but you need a local representative to receive official letters from the government. If you don't have a resident friend to fill this role, some local lawyers will fulfill that role for a fee.

What is the purpose for keeping this bank account outside Brazil? Is it because in Brazil one can't have an regular account in foreign currency?

Getting a personal bank account will be much easier than getting a real bank account (not EMI) for your US LLC. If you can develop more your reasons I can give a better advice about it.

Reactions: Outlander
What is the purpose for keeping this bank account outside Brazil? Is it because in Brazil one can't have an regular account in foreign currency?

Getting a personal bank account will be much easier than getting a real bank account (not EMI) for your US LLC. If you can develop more your reasons I can give a better advice about it.
I'm always curious when people post about a "real bank account" vs an EMI. What would be the qualification to be a "real bank"?

Latest Threads