Our valued sponsor

Best Spanish-speaking country to open a bank account

Having an office and counter where you can go and talk to someone if there is a problem.
I have not visit my local bank for 10 years, why should I, never had any problem which I couldn't manage using their internal mail system or by phone.

Reactions: GiGoGo
You can get a Revolut or Transferwise account with Debit cards just providing an EU proof of address + almost any passport

I have not visit my local bank for 10 years, why should I, never had any problem which I couldn't manage using their internal mail system or by phone.
Well, by using LeuPay or Mistertango or similar "online banks", problems like delayed payments and frozen funds happen very often, so in cases like that it would be much easier to have an actual place where you can go with your lawyer. Stuff like this does not happen often with "real banks" because they know you can show up any moment.

You probably do not have to go to your bank because it is a safe and reliable banks, while people who bank with EMIs often go through hell. Plus, most EMI do not even have phone support, only email and it takes them days to reply when there is an actual problem.

Reactions: GiGoGo
If you try with Panama, get your money in a good bank because Panama has a "strong banking rule" which basically means they can get inside a bank and block everything without notifications if they think the money of the users are in danger.

This happened to me with Allbank and they only allow you to pull out the money via ACH to another Panama bank or a check and they will only send you that check (in case you select that option) to the address registered in the bank and also they will require to first verify this with the phone number that you have registered in the bank.

Some banks that accept foreigners there: Banesco, Multibank, Banitsmo (this one I think they required you to have another bank account in Panama but I don't remember), Scotiabank and credicorpbank (this one even accepts to open the bank account remotely). Those are the banks I know they work with foreigners and I know there were more but most of them required you to have another bank there but hey get ready to read and discuss about a lot of papers.

Reactions: GiGoGo and Fajosst

Latest Threads