Our valued sponsor

Best way to check legitimacy of Cyprus incorporation agents and accountants?

Researcher

Feb 13, 2024
EU
Visit site
Looking for cyprus non-dom and company incorporation.

There are a LOT of services offering this, what is best way to check their legitimacy?

Is there an official state register for them?

What steps to take to make sure everything goes smoothly?

They should be lawyers (check Cyprus Bar Association), ASPs (Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission | Approved ASP), or they should be a part of larger, reputable multinational that holds similar accreditation elsewhere.

The vast majority you find online are resellers. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. But if you want assurance of working with someone supervised, follow what I mentioned above.

Reactions: Researcher
I agree with @JohnnyDoe there are a few guys around the one he mentioned as well as @CyprusBusiness

So there are lot's of reputable provider in the resource database of mentor group gold

And finally I can recommend Alliott Partellas Kiliaris Ltd in Nicosia, Cyprus very professional.

Reactions: Researcher
They should be lawyers (check Cyprus Bar Association), ASPs (Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission | Approved ASP), or they should be a part of larger, reputable multinational that holds similar accreditation elsewhere.

The vast majority you find online are resellers. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. But if you want assurance of working with someone supervised, follow what I mentioned above.
Is a person who's a certified accountant ok when dealing with non dom registration issues and company incorporation?

Is a person who's a certified accountant ok when dealing with non dom registration issues and company incorporation?
Non-domicile registration isn't a regulated service per se, AFAIK. That's just someone helping you fill in a tax form and submitting for you or telling you how to submit. It's quite easy to do yourself.

A certified accountant is usually fine for incorporation.

Regulation and licensing are nice, but mean little when compared to reputability and recommendations from satisfied customers.

Regulation and licensing are nice, but mean little when compared to reputability and recommendations from satisfied customers.

Would you consider the reviews on google as reputability and recommendations from satisfied customers?
Alliott Partellas Kiliaris Ltd recommended in this thread has 3 excellent reviews on google, though one of them seems to belong to an accountant working for the company.

It seems that both lawyers and accountants open companies in Cyprus: how to understand which to choose between the two?

Would you consider the reviews on google as reputability and recommendations from satisfied customers?
I generally don't take reviews on websites like Google and TrustPilot seriously in this industry. By and large, only two kinds of people leave reviews: bots/staff/paid accounts that leave five star reviews (and a few four star reviews so it looks more legit) and angry customers. Reviews don't give you a good sense for the average customer feels, because the average customer isn't going to write a review about a CSP.

Of course, there are exceptions.

Alliott Partellas Kiliaris Ltd recommended in this thread has 3 excellent reviews on google, though one of them seems to belong to an accountant working for the company.
They are a member of Alliott Global (International Alliance of Accounting Firms & Law Firms in 90+ Countries), which is a generally reputable and reliable service provider with decades of experience.

It seems that both lawyers and accountants open companies in Cyprus: how to understand which to choose between the two?
Depends on the situation.

If it's a project that will require legal assistance such as reviewing/writing agreements, engaging with regulators/government, and so on, I'd pick a law firm most times.

If all you need is company formation and accounting/management, an accounting firm or ASP will likely suffice. Tend to be a bit cheaper.

I generally don't take reviews on websites like Google and TrustPilot seriously in this industry. By and large, only two kinds of people leave reviews: bots/staff/paid accounts that leave five star reviews (and a few four star reviews so it looks more legit) and angry customers. Reviews don't give you a good sense for the average customer feels, because the average customer isn't going to write a review about a CSP.

Of course, there are exceptions.

They are a member of Alliott Global (International Alliance of Accounting Firms & Law Firms in 90+ Countries), which is a generally reputable and reliable service provider with decades of experience.

Depends on the situation.

If it's a project that will require legal assistance such as reviewing/writing agreements, engaging with regulators/government, and so on, I'd pick a law firm most times.

If all you need is company formation and accounting/management, an accounting firm or ASP will likely suffice. Tend to be a bit cheaper.

Thank you.
Yeah I agree... generally I read only the negative reviews :)

I'm thinking about selling some crypto next year (if this bull run keeps going) and a limited company in Cyprus seems a good solution.
I guess an accountant should suffice then, as the company will only do a few crypto-to-crypto swaps a year and one crypto-to-fiat a year (or none if it's in bear market).