Our valued sponsor

Big number of shareholders in the LTD company (UK)

walako

Jun 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi all!
I am more or less experienced lawyer, although I am confused how to tackle the matter when a company has many shareholders.
It is an obvious problem (time and money) to make corporate structure changes to LTD company in Estonia, because we need to involve the notary, translators etc. It is simply difficult to sync with a dozen of people and legal entity representatives who are spread between different continents.
Okay, in Estonia we can have more flexibility if we raise statutory capital to 10k.

Although, now we are creating a new holding layer in the UK. I suppose a Limited liability company with 10 shareholder might be a terrible idea there as well. On the other hand Public Limited company costs more (at least the statutory 50k capital requirement).

What is your opinion? Company management involves investors to our stocks and moreover promises options to our employees, so that number will be more than 10 people.

Thank you! have a lovely august

It's very easy in the UK. You can have as many shareholders as you want, and you can have different types of shares as well. You can do everything online. Might be wise to hire a highly qualified corporate service provider to manage everything, but it is possible to DIY it and just hire some cheap incorporation service to be your interface with the Companies House. Vistra, Dixcart, Trident, TMF, and so on.

If you've reviewed taxes and everything else and find UK to be to our liking, I've not encountered any problems with UK companies having 10+ shareholders.

Reactions: walako
Hi @Sols
Thank you very much!
I am familiar with one of the services, we did intro, but at that time I did not think about shareholders number.
I know that DIY is feasible, but I am super busy with other stuff since I am a solo inhouse lawyer at this moment. Hence I am happy to receive your feedback here

Latest Threads