Our valued sponsor

BISQ/Experiences

Pup

Nov 21, 2020
Visit site
Hello !!

are there someone with some experience with BISQ ? I mean for the exchange crypto-fiat and vice versa ...... I have a customer that required us to assist him in the process to obtain a crypto license. From our point of view actually the best place is Lithuania (it takes about 2/3 months), the investment is not too high but in the case this customer ask us something different "ready to go" ecc..... BISQ can be a good option ?

After they will get a license in Lithuania, the project will be not finish yet: they need an EMI to open a corporate account (MISTERTANGO ?) and a software platform...... maybe some whitelabel platform.

Hello !!

are there someone with some experience with BISQ ? I mean for the exchange crypto-fiat and vice versa ...... I have a customer that required us to assist him in the process to obtain a crypto license. From our point of view actually the best place is Lithuania (it takes about 2/3 months), the investment is not too high but in the case this customer ask us something different "ready to go" ecc..... BISQ can be a good option ?

After they will get a license in Lithuania, the project will be not finish yet: they need an EMI to open a corporate account (MISTERTANGO ?) and a software platform...... maybe some whitelabel platform.
What's goal of your customer? Is he looking to setup a crypto exchange or just to invest? If he's only looking to invest into crypto there's no need for crypto license for that.

I wouldn't really recommend BISQ. You won't find any liquidity there and you would be only able to buy few thousand worth. Also avoid selling any crypto on BISQ for fiat as you are taking a big risk of being paid from a stolen account.

Reactions: jafo and Pup
Thank you @Coin ! The goal of the customer is to set up a crypto exchange and not just to invest, they already manage some crypto for other persons (don't tell me how because I don't know) but of course the main difficult is exchange crypto to fiat and vice versa. Maybe that Lithuania it's the correct solution for them and of course with a cost (but not really really high).

Are you sure that Lithuania issues crypto licenses? Lithuania is known for EMI licenses but I haven't heard of crypto licenses in Lithuania. Most countries issue permit for certain business activities if you meet the requirements but it's usually not considered as license. Estonia is known for issuing crypto licenses.

For exchange I would recommend kraken or binance. However I think that it will be difficult to open EMI account as all EMis I tried to open account at ask for bank account statement from your current/previous bank but of course you might be able to find some solutions.

@Coin yes it's seems strange that Lithuania can issue a crypto license; yes I can confirm they do it and there are some difference with Estonia: a virtual office can be enough, the share capital is low and director can be a EU resident (in Estonia a local director is required). About KYC/AML yes right it's very hard but if all is fine from the start it's really possible ............. an other important point: the service provider can help the customer to set up the company and obtain the license but usually fail on the bank account. In any case thank you for your suggestion about Kraken and binance ........ I'll take a look

Last edited:
Reactions: Coin
Bisq is definitely not the right solution here. It's a peer-2-peer exchange that supports a variety of payment methods (standard stuff like SEPA and PayPal, but also more funky things like "cash via mail" and Amazon Gift cards). And as previously mentioned there's not much liquidity on there right now. Probably wouldn't be suitable if we're talking about more than 4 digits.

Reactions: Pup