Our valued sponsor

Bitcoin friendly bank in Portugal?

I respect that , I’ve been reading that Croatia might be the next Portugal…with low taxes on short term gains < 2 years and 0% tax on longe term gains… I don’t want to him act the OPs original thread, but might be an option after further research…
Where did you read that Croatia might be the next Portugal...? As far as i know i came across Croatia by accident, didnt really see any articles about it, had somebody already written about it, can you post a link...?

Dubai just seems too much exotic, different culture, expensive, HOT as f**k and basically and artificial city in a desert.. i just dont like that idea i ngeneral too much :-(

What was the other thread you read too about croatia please...?

Yes theres a surcharge (local tax), the surchage is on the basic level of 10% tax, so the surcharge totals like 1%- maybe max 2% (minimum is 0%), so your total tax ammount would be 10-12%, dependent of where you live, most places have around 1,5%... I wouldnt really call it ceveat at all :), who really cares if u pay 10% tax or 11,5% tax :)...?

What was the other thread you read too about croatia please...? Im interested in this

Thank you

Thanks for the link :).

I dont believe at all that the surcharge are higher... you posted some calculator, i saw similiar one (the same one) before. In it its clearly stated that the surcharge is for example 18% in Zagrev (the capital city), the surcharge is a tax applied on top of the "previous tax (ammount)"... That original tax is 10% (used to be 12% in the past)...

So if you make a net profit of lets say 100 000 USD, the 10% tax is 10 000 USD, the surcharge (the local tax; tax on top of tax) in Zagrev is 18% from those 10 000 USD, so thats additional 1 800 USD you would have to pay on tax. So in total, the tax is = 10 000 USD + 1 800 USD = 11 800 USD total tax from your net profit of 100 000 USD...

11 800 USD (the total tax) is 11,8 % from 100 000 USD (10% tax +1.8% surtax)

Where do u please get your understanding that the surtax should be higher...?

Since it’s so new, my advice would be just to reach out to a couple of accountants / lawyers in Croatia. Ironically , I have found Croatian lawyers to be very thorough and affordable. Explain your situation and see what their view is. I can’t imagine it will cost more then 1000 euros for a in depth consultation. I’ve heard good things about these guys Expat In Croatia but have not used them personally …

Latest Threads