Our valued sponsor

BitWala

Thank you Milky Moon. All your posts are very much appreciated

In their FAQ section they point out that the service is -for now- only available for residents of Germany, so it doesn't seem very promising for the time being.

Thank you Milky Moon. All your posts are very much appreciated

In their FAQ section they point out that the service is -for now- only available for residents of Germany, so it doesn't seem very promising for the time being.

1. Be at least 18 years old
2. Be a German resident (will change shortly after the launch)
3. Hold an IDnow accepted identification document and complete a short video call with IDnow

Reactions: mrau
Any latvian bank. They always ask less questions.

Really? Can you give me one bank that you use in Latvia i.e do you use ABLV (RIP) or Rietumu or another one. I just want to know the name of the Latvian bank that you love?

Reactions: anotherone
OP Bank Latvia

Never heard of that bank. It seems to be a branch of a Finnish banking group. Says its the 32nd safest bank in the world. I learn something every day here...thx. I will investigate further.

OP Bank

Btw....don't get it wrong. Banking in Latvia is a definite 100% NO NO unless you have nothing to lose.

People may want to read my posts in the below thread for how I feel about banking in a corrupt banana republic like Latvia where I gave plenty of evidence to support this. I would not touch the country with a barge pole.

Rietumu - for all victims of fraudulent account closure and theft of funds

Who can open a Bitwala account?
  • 1 day ago
  • Updated

All European residents who are looking for a blockchain banking solution may sign up. We cannot currently offer our services to U.S. persons.

To open a Bitwala account, you must be:

- A resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- Hold an accepted (valid) identification document
- 18+
- Hold a Proof of Address (POA) document

People will be required to provide a Proof of Address (POA) document during the verification video call with our partner IDnow. Click "What is a Proof of Address document?" to read more about it.

Please note: Only sign-ups from individuals who were accepted by the IDnow verification process are eligible to open an account.

Reactions: Back2Matters
Bitwala seems to only offer personal accounts.. i understand the reason why they ask so many questions since they are a bank and trading platform. But it feels like they will be reporting back to home country. Is there AEOI ?
Anyone, signed up with this with their real details? Seems kind of tricky to use darks for this. Opinions anyone?

Never heard of that bank.

OP Bank has a long history, with somewhat agrarian roots. They have corporate branches in all three Baltic states. They are solid, meaning they are not going to run away with client money. Their Finnish parent company has to guard their reputation, likewise with e.g. Swedish SEB.

As I've said before, the whole Nordic-Baltic region is in AML psychosis due to their Baltic offices having acted as Putin's laundromat. Even my bank of 25+ years sent me AML questions about certain transactions. That was the initial screening. What comes afterwards is anyone's guess.

Latvia took a Kopfschuss already before. Estonia seems to have outdone them, which is quite an accomplishment. Revolut in fighting for its licence in Lithuania... "Innovative Baltic banking" is done, stick a fork in it.

Reactions: Martin Everson
Can you update your thoughts about BitWalla after all this time please? Would like to know what you think about them after you may have used their service for at least 3 months.

Reactions: Back2Matters