Our valued sponsor

Blackcatcard - interest on balance

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
This just hit my inbox - just in case some lovers of counterparty risk would like to make "easy money" ;)
1702306139483.png

• Love
Reactions: Cavaliere and jafo
Looks interesting to me, however, it would require that I trust them with a big portion of my money and I don't do that. Why would I want to earn 4% in interest if this is an high risk investment where I can risk all my money!??

Reactions: EUman and Forester
Blackcatcard reamins an EMI so far, not a bank, so seems like they do not fall under asset protection plan for all the balances under 100k EUR. But they call themselves a banking platform, kind of misleading :)

The interest was credited to my account without any problems, I had a smaller 5-digit sum parked there for a few weeks.

Trade Republic should currently also have 4% interest per year on EUR (they also recently received their banking license)

The interest was credited to my account without any problems, I had a smaller 5-digit sum parked there for a few weeks.
Good to know.
Nevertheless, 4% interest per year on EUR is IMO not so much... (taking into account that this is not a conservative investment...)
Trade Republic should currently also have 4% interest per year on EUR (they also recently received their banking license)
Correct; perhaps worth mentioning that they currently onboard German residents only.

Reactions: uplana
Correct; perhaps worth mentioning that they currently onboard German residents only.

"
As an investment firm, we can only accept applications from customers if they are a permanent resident in the country in which we also offer our product.

At the moment, Trade Republic is available in Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Finland, Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia and Slovakia.

We are working on giving customers residing in other countries access to Trade Republic in the future."

Reactions: Forester

"
As an investment firm, we can only accept applications from customers if they are a permanent resident in the country in which we also offer our product.

At the moment, Trade Republic is available in Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Finland, Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia and Slovakia.

We are working on giving customers residing in other countries access to Trade Republic in the future."
Well, so they apparently have inconsistent information at their pages – see their FAQ, Who can open an account :(

Attachments

• FAQ.png
    FAQ.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 28
Well, so they apparently have inconsistent information at their pages – see their FAQ, Who can open an account :(
So this service is only for people living in Germany! Nice, all the rest can't use this service..

So this service is only for people living in Germany! Nice, all the rest can't use this service..
From what I recall, also another DE neobanks started in this way, N26 included, I guess. Maybe some local habit ;) ;)

And seriously – the another information referenced by @bigdaddyleon names Eurozone countries (just at a glance, have not checked it thoroughly). This also makes sense.

So either one is outdated or one concerns current account openings and another one concerns investments...