Our valued sponsor

Blackcatcard migration - difficulties with incoming/outgoing SEPA transfers

I would be concerned - as this appears at the same time of the release of such news : Over 100 searches and four arrests in Latvia, Germany, France, Italy and Malta against financial institution involved in money laundering.

My guess is that those events are connected.
Oh boy never used it but suppose my KYC is now in the hands of the European Gestapo

an incoming payment to my account was returned to the sender yesterday
This happened around the same time Sam Bankman Fried purchased liquid exchange in Japan - funds were constantly reverting from their Taiwan merchant bank.

Usually there’s information behind the scenes - can be the person is a concern or the entity itself.

Note, they were fined in 2020 Papaya Ltd fined €279,756 in Malta over risk assessment and due diligence shortcomings - Money Laundering Bulletin

Last edited:
Reactions: cobewi8981
The operation took place on 21 February. It is unlikely that something transpired a week earlier. It is also unusual that the websites of both papaya and blackcat remain online if they were the targets.
I have ordered a test transfer out of my blackcat account, the amount has been debited, let’s see on Monday if it arrives.

I would be concerned - as this appears at the same time of the release of such news : Over 100 searches and four arrests in Latvia, Germany, France, Italy and Malta against financial institution involved in money laundering.

My guess is that those events are connected.

Looks like Papaya (BlackCatCard) is connected.

Transfers still don't work. On feb 19 payment I received, but on feb 22 transfer was canceled.

What they say:

Dear customer, you can make operations with your payment card (cash withdrawal, payment).

We kindly ask you to temporarily refrain from making transfers until the SEPA payments provider switch is completed. Unfortunately, we cannot make the transfer manually. We have saved your request and will inform you as soon as the functionality is available again.

We appreciate you for understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.