Our valued sponsor

Bunq V3 Mobile update sucks - Worst mobile banking User Interface of 2020

Ali Niknam seem to be talentless. Creating an app with the most retarded and unintuitive design thinking that it can succeed because they brand it with a green touch. What a waste of time I have ever installed! I would NEVER EVER use this app more than a backup. How did this guy even get money to start this pointless and shitty app?

Reactions: Martin Everson
Reached out Bunq, they confirmed that not seeing the "Verify now" option in the home of the app means account is regular bank account thu&¤#
And the other good thing is that IIRC they do not have negative interests below 100k? (this might have changed in the meanwhile).
Which would make it a fairly safe (and cheap) basket to hold 100k :)

Ali Niknam seem to be talentless. Creating an app with the most retarded and unintuitive design thinking that it can succeed because they brand it with a green touch. What a waste of time I have ever installed! I would NEVER EVER use this app more than a backup. How did this guy even get money to start this pointless and shitty app?
App might suck, but it seems they offer developer APIs, and that's how the unoffy community desktop app has been made.
While offy app sucking is bad, the fact that APIs are open is potentially opening for opportunities that would be otherwise impossible or very expensive (e.g., make your own integration into your system of whatever biz)

Like the idea of their API and some man in street developing an opensource front end but for banking HELL NO. Who has liability if a bug means your money gets sucked up by someone by a crimninal who spotted an issue in opensource code without reporting it...lol? Can you go after Bunq or are you on your own? Don't think the developer would help you get your money back conf/(%.

Reactions: JimBeam
Just to revive this Bunq thread a bit...

They have just lifted their prices up starting from today :D

bunq.png

So they are raising the prices on what must be one of he most expensive ways to hold a Euro account :confused:.

i had a old version running, where i could use free account, now today I made a transfer and normally i just switch back to free plan after the transfer, made this about 20 times last months, no problem normally, but now they forced me to update the app and there i suddenly saw that they just vanished free plan and that i can not switch back to it.

the v3 update was so horrible, that i wrote the support if they hired crack junkies for develope it, i could not believe how such a good starting bank can turn into such something braindead.

I will close this thing now, it is unusable.

but anyway, what is this ECB madness with negative interest rates? If they keep it for just a bit longer, i'll start draining EUR accounts and convert everything into USD or anything else. Inflation rate is raising, yet the ECB f*****s try to make us believe it's negative, and make us pay to hold EUR.
Enough of this s**t.

Reactions: uplana
convert into USD?

Have you seen the annual change on EUR/USD exchange rate...lol?

EUR USD - Historical Annual Data
YearAverage
Closing Price
Year OpenYear HighYear LowYear CloseAnnual
% Change
20211.211.211.231.171.21-0.88%
20201.141.121.231.071.228.86%
20191.121.151.151.091.12-2.26%
20181.181.201.251.121.15-4.36%
20171.131.051.201.041.2014.15%
20161.111.091.151.041.05-3.18%
20151.111.201.201.051.09-10.21%

Reactions: JimBeam
ok, then japanese yen? swiss francs? anything with less fluctuation

Swiss franc has deeper negative interest rates than the Euro. SNB rate on CHF is -0.75. The BOJ also has negative rates on the Yen at -0.1%. So if you convert your euros you will actually lose more money after exchange rate margins and negative rates.

i had a old version running, where i could use free account, now today I made a transfer and normally i just switch back to free plan after the transfer, made this about 20 times last months, no problem normally, but now they forced me to update the app and there i suddenly saw that they just vanished free plan and that i can not switch back to it.

the v3 update was so horrible, that i wrote the support if they hired crack junkies for develope it, i could not believe how such a good starting bank can turn into such something braindead.

I will close this thing now, it is unusable.
So i double checked: I still have an old version where "update available" button is there.
I did not update, and i am still on Bunq Easy Travel plan.
Interestingly, this plan does not show up in their "Pricing" page, but it is present in their latest details pdf https://www.bunq.com/assets/media/legal/en/20210601_consumers_business_pricing_EN.pdf

I presume they are trying to phase it out, following the steps of their big brother ING whos trying to cut everybody out of free plans to collect fees.

I closed all my accounts with them, things are just getting ridiculous.

Bunq is an overpriced joker bank. I closed my account years ago. Why would I choose Bunq over even Revolut which is more cheaper, has more functionality and has deposit protection also :rolleyes:.

Reactions: CaptK
well my point was to have another free bank where i could park additional 100k€ that would be protected. Like this it's only revolut (bank), as not even N26 is available everywhere

So, by banking in any of these 3, the funds will be insured up to €100k...

Revolut doesn't have one in UK (they have it in Lithuania): Revolut applies for UK banking license – TechCrunch

Revolut has a EU banking license in Lithuanian and has held it for a while. You get 100k euro deposit protection. You can even click the chequered shield next to your account in the app to see the account protection. I think the bulk of Revolut personal accounts have been migrated to Revolut bank a while ago already.

P.S The UK banking license application is separate process they are going through for a further banking license.

Latest Threads