Our valued sponsor

Buy real estate in the Cayman Islands with cryptocurrency

“If agreed with the Seller” you can buy any property in crypto (same as everywhere else).
KYC must be the same as for any KY crypto fund as requested by CIMA, so expect chain analysis and usual source of funds documentation.

On a side note, if you want to buy real estate for crypto in a truly confidential way (anywhere in the world), you need to find a property held by a company and agree with the seller the sale of the company, not of the real estate itself.

I found this portal for buying property in cayman...
Do anybody use it ?
what are the KYC norm and sources of funds rules are like ?
What are your experience with them?

Thanks

Firstly make sure you do proper due diligence before going anywhere near such websites. Also deal directly with the developer or seller and avoid middlemen.

For how long do you know the owner of this portal and is it personal or business related?

A startup basically
It seems that they are middle man.
They have cash. They take your crypto and pay real estate agency in cash.
So in practice they own nothing. Except for cash.

Check this;

"And to Michael Joseph at Property Cayman, who brokered the deal for the seller, and to RE/MAX Cayman Islands who brokered the deal for the buyer: thank you for making this such a smooth process"

Reactions: troubled soul
I've known Laura (the CEO) for a while. She's a lawyer, and handles business smoothly.

They sit between you and the real estate seller and handle any/all crypto-related compliance on your behalf. This is what you are paying for. They handle all of the compliance so you will pass CIMA's intrusive AML checks.

AML is very strict here and we can thank Hollywood and their "hidden money in an offshore Cayman Islands bank account" nonsense they have been propagating for decades. o_O

The banks here WILL NOT touch crypto and will bounce/refuse wires from all known foreign exchanges. Parallel is licensed under the VASP Act here and the banks do not bounce or freeze their wires because they know that proper due-diligence is being done.

Any more questions? :D

“If agreed with the Seller” you can buy any property in crypto (same as everywhere else).
KYC must be the same as for any KY crypto fund as requested by CIMA, so expect chain analysis and usual source of funds documentation.

On a side note, if you want to buy real estate for crypto in a truly confidential way (anywhere in the world), you need to find a property held by a company and agree with the seller the sale of the company, not of the real estate itself.
What kind of chain analysis? Do you have experience? What if the crypto has been bridged from a privacy chain for example?

What kind of chain analysis? Do you have experience? What if the crypto has been bridged from a privacy chain for example?
I guess they use The Blockchain Data Platform - Chainalysis I don’t know exactly what parameters they follow.
Eventually all existing coins will have gone through some mixer/bridge at some point so they will have to take this into consideration.
Maybe someone around here knows better, for example @Praetorian

They handle all of the compliance so you will pass CIMA's intrusive AML checks.

what if one wants to buy with Xmr?

Last edited:

They have solutions depending on your situation. PM me for an intro.

Monero isn't illegal here.

Mixers often do more harm than good.

Reactions: wellington
I've known Laura (the CEO) for a while. She's a lawyer, and handles business smoothly.

They sit between you and the real estate seller and handle any/all crypto-related compliance on your behalf. This is what you are paying for. They handle all of the compliance so you will pass CIMA's intrusive AML checks.

AML is very strict here and we can thank Hollywood and their "hidden money in an offshore Cayman Islands bank account" nonsense they have been propagating for decades. o_O

The banks here WILL NOT touch crypto and will bounce/refuse wires from all known foreign exchanges. Parallel is licensed under the VASP Act here and the banks do not bounce or freeze their wires because they know that proper due-diligence is being done.

Do you live in Cayman islands?
If yes, did you go there thru 1.5 million investment scheme?
What do you think of Cayman enterprise city ?

I guess they use The Blockchain Data Platform - Chainalysis I don’t know exactly what parameters they follow.
Eventually all existing coins will have gone through some mixer/bridge at some point so they will have to take this into consideration.
Maybe someone around here knows better, for example @Praetorian

what if one wants to buy with Xmr?

If you used a privacy chain for bridging it shouldn't pose a problem, if it does, it'll create a hit on flag on their system and they'll simply ask for source of funds. It's rare they get hits unless you use sanctioned mixers DIRECTLY with that wallet or straight up wanted to use monero.

Assuming standard AML procedures are in place they'll ask for source of funds regardless of your use of a privacy platform so this shouldn't be an issue if the client has his affairs in order.

The use of sanctioned software like mixers that have been openly banned by the U.S./EU regulators can make the entire deal fall through however, while monero is just grounds for additional checks. If you use mixers, make sure you trade those funds and swap them in various DEXes using different wallets. 99% of the time this is enough to avoid problems as most blockchain software is made to trigger flags only when interacting with a wallet that has directly used a mixer but not the subsequent wallets thereafter (Unless it's law enforcement that's after you then it'll be a human connecting the dots lol).

Do you live in Cayman islands?

Yes.

What do you think of Cayman enterprise city ?

CEC is pretty good if you want to run a business here as a foreigner and rapidly get work permits issued. Ask for Charlie.

I won't discuss the details of my immigration in public. Sorry.

I've been considering a small plot on Little Cayman for retirement so if any recommended brokers etc would be fantastic.

Just find what you want on CIREBA and contact Laura @ Parallel and they will hold your hand and guide you through it all.

Last edited:
Yes.

CEC is pretty good if you want to run a business here as a foreigner and rapidly get work permits issued. Ask for Charlie.

Just find what you want on CIREBA and contact Laura @ Parallel and they will hold your hand and guide you through it all.
What you feel about life in Cayman. Is it not boring?

Yes.

How about banking?
Is it easy to get corporate bank account?

What you feel about life in Cayman. Is it not boring?

It really depends on what you like to do.

How about banking?
Is it easy to get corporate bank account?

The banks here are stuck in the 90s and are tangled in red tape largely due to the USA and London having their boots on their neck. The reasons why the banks here are so terrible now is mostly political.

There are far better countries for banking than this one. ;)

That being said, CEC can assist you in getting a SEZC set up and at least do the banking intro. Probably @ Butterfield.

Last edited:
Where would an investment start, I mean how many BTC's would you need to invest in some modern property with a good location?

Latest Threads