Our valued sponsor

Buying luxury cars with undeclared money (EU)

Hi, I have been told multiple options to buy luxury cars or property in an EU country, without having to declare or pay the high tax on the money in such country, but I would like to know if they are viable and safe.

I currently reside in a southern Europe country with high taxes and VAT, and would like to spend most of the year in it.

*Option 1: Lend the money to yourself from a company in an offshore country. (Will it not trigger an alert in the local tax office if someone buys a Lambo, even if it is with a loan?)

*Option 2: Buy the car in the name of a company in a low tax EU country. (Romania, Monaco, Bulgaria, etc) Then rent that car for a low monthly fee and use it in the high tax country. (This would probably make insuring the car harder?)

*Final option: If the above don't work, go to live 1 year to a zero tax country, declare the money there and then go back next year to the high tax country and buy things with that money

Not sure if all or any of these options are safe and viable in the real world.
Depending on where you register your car you would need one of the below to register the car:
1) a person with local citizenship or TRP
2) a local legal entity / branch
3) a foreign natural or legal person who has an authorized representative with local citizenship.

You can set up a non-profit association and either donate or lend money to the association to buy the car. This is a clean setup. You can call it Cool Cars Club.
The legal entity will be the user of the car.

Estonia non-profit can be quite decent choice:
1) no corporate tax
2) no car taxes

Last edited:
Reactions: BusinessOne
Have knowhow about this procedure in Bulgaria. Need registered company on your own only for the reason why you have so expensive car/or we can use rental contract for long therm period.

Last edited by a moderator: