Our valued sponsor

BVI Company Liquidation/Dissolution

islandnights

Feb 1, 2021
Visit site
I have a British Virgin Island company that I no longer need, the registered agent says we need to liquidate the company and appoint a liquidator to sign dissolution documents. I was surprised that our registered agent does not provide a liquidator, so we have to find one. Does anyone know who provides the service to act as liquidator?

They say if you let the company be struck off for not paying the annual registration you still need to to file EC (economic substances) reports for the next 7 years to be in good standing.
The company won't be in good standing anyway, since it doesn't pay annual fees or the dissolution fee. I don't see any incentive for filing the substance reports in this case...?

The incentive is; Failure to do so or provide false information will be subject to a fine of up to USD75,000 and/or a prison term of up to 5 years for the individual.

Anyhow for those interested, if you phone around and speak to BVI lawyers you will eventually find one who can act in the capacity as a liquidator.

Reactions: gmbh