Our valued sponsor

BVI company requires lots of shitty documents to incorporate!

openmind

Offshore Agent
Business Angel
Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I was in the research phase to incorporate a BVI company and came across a few sites that are offering very cheap BVI company formation and opening of offshore accounts for the same! When I applied and made the payment they told me the real requirements which they didn't informed me about beforehand!!!!

Here we go:

• The requested documents are standard due diligence requirements for BVI counterparts. BVI KYC requirements are more detailed compared to Belize. Therefore, we require:
  • Source of Wealth/Funds – This may be in the form of a CV (proof of employment) or Bank statement.
  • Bank reference and Professional reference issued by attorney/accountant – This should indicate the contact number & email address of the bank/accountant/attorney.

It seems someone tries to misuse my identity or something! I asked if this is still required without bank account and they answered yes! What is going on in the BVI and why all these documents???

Well it's possible to avoid these documents with some agent's, at least we have had no troubles to get BVI corps. without these docs!

There is nothing unusually with the required documents, however, personally speaking I find it overkill, again BVI is belonging to the UK so they need to deal with certain international regulations.

Reactions: JohnLocke
All over the world the increasing requirements to DD documents make it complicated to navigate in this areas. The soon er you go offshore the better for & your privacy! One thing is sure things going gets tough from now on!
True, the requirements to the documents that have to be provided are increasing almost every months it get's harder to stay anonymous or at least to protect your privacy.

Reactions: lavel
I must say after I yesterday tried to finally get my BVI incorporated and they asked me to courier all the documents to them in the BVI I stoped the process' date=' it's too much.[/quote']
stupid question, sorry but what documents they asked you to send by original?

I must say after I yesterday tried to finally get my BVI incorporated and they asked me to courier all the documents to them in the BVI I stoped the process' date=' it's too much.[/quote']
Why did you stop the process, if you already have send you everything requested you could just proceed or not?

stupid question, sorry but what documents they asked you to send by original?
They require you to send the original copy of passport and utility bill by courier to the BVI, that will leave a track to you for some they may don't care while for others it's not the best that can happen!

They require you to send the original copy of passport and utility bill by courier to the BVI, that will leave a track to you for some they may don't care while for others it's not the best that can happen!
Why they require copy it would be better to get he original notarized docs to be send after all! I don't want to open a company there not very satified with these requirements.

Why did you stop the process, if you already have send you everything requested you could just proceed or not?
You got a refund for the cancelation or you just don't care?

Why they require copy it would be better to get he original notarized docs to be send after all! I don't want to open a company there not very satified with these requirements.
It must be something to verify the address of the beneficial owner or something. I mean someone could send the docs from a different address or from a P.O. Box or let some Office service send it!!

learned that BVI is a no go for easy company formation, there are so many other offshore jurisdiction where you can incorporate that it's not worth going through all this to get a bvi corp.

All over the world the increasing requirements to DD documents make it complicated to navigate in this areas. The soon er you go offshore the better for & your privacy! One thing is sure things going gets tough from now on!
I agree with you on that part and took my steps :)

learned that BVI is a no go for easy company formation' date=' there are so many other offshore jurisdiction where you can incorporate that it's not worth going through all this to get a bvi corp.[/quote']
Agree, you have to send your original docs by courier to the BVI, that's a one off no go!!

Reactions: clemens

Latest Threads