Our valued sponsor

BVI or Europe? Where makes most sense?

Hiya everyone,

I really need some advice. I'm a UK citizen living in South America. My tax residency has great tax rules so no probs there. However, tons of banks and EMIs don't accept registered businesses from here. So, I urgently need to do something as I've been using Wise (Transferwise) but they said I need a business account. So I'm thinking offshore. My priorities are easy or preferably no reporting and low tax, and not stupid costly to start.

I'm currently leaning towards BVI, but I'd love to do Europe really. Any ideas folks? Thanks so much in advance :)

BVI is very expensive but it is more trustworthy compared to Belize, Seychelles etc. that's why many go this way.

You could setup a Cyprus, Malta or Bulgarian company as well as Romanian Micro Company. You want get out of the reporting stuff, all European countries report.

Whats your business physical goods, consulting?

Cost will be a concern as mentioned.

My suggestion is to set up a US LLC as a disregarded entity, it is cheap and you have access to most of the EMI like Wise. Most people is South America are using this kind of setup. You will only have to file an annual form 5472 with an attached 1120 (very simple to fill yourself but you can ask for help for a cheap price as soon as you do not have a complex business situation).

If you do not have any activities in USA, for example, offices, employees, equipment etc. this is treated as a pass-through entity and not taxed in USA.

With a BVI company nowadays you cannot open any bank account in most EMI including Wise.

Hey @yellowneck if you provide consulting services to the USA it even makes more sense to open a US LLC because for them it will be easier to pay you!

Wise in theory has pauedonboarding clients from BVI as of now.
For example, if I try to add a business account of the BVI I get the message attached in they video, but if for you it works perfect then :)

Attachments

• bvi.png
    bvi.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: SoNewToAllShit
Hiya,

Thanks for the replies everyone. I provide writing services, mostly to the USA. No physical good. I checked on Wise and it allows BVI, I'd just like to have options!

Do you really need a company for that activity?

You could just use Xolo Go to invoice clients (if Xolo accept your country). Keep it simple.

Do you really need a company for that activity?

You could just use Xolo Go to invoice clients (if Xolo accept your country). Keep it simple.

Hiya, ideally, I'd just like a business account and run my business from here. That would be by far the easiest solution. I looked at Xolo Go and it is a solution, buuuut it would cost me around $5k a year. Which is a fair old chunk.
I think my problem is that I need a business account, but how to get one?! If anyone has any ideas, I'd be super greatful :)

Hey @yellowneck if you provide consulting services to the USA it even makes more sense to open a US LLC because for them it will be easier to pay you!

Wise in theory has pauedonboarding clients from BVI as of now.
For example, if I try to add a business account of the BVI I get the message attached in they video, but if for you it works perfect then :)
Thanks for this. Am currently investigating the US LLC thing. Cheers for the tip :)

My suggestion is to set up a US LLC as a disregarded entity, it is cheap and you have access to most of the EMI like Wise. Most people is South America are using this kind of setup. You will only have to file an annual form 5472 with an attached 1120 (very simple to fill yourself but you can ask for help for a cheap price as soon as you do not have a complex business situation).

If you do not have any activities in USA, for example, offices, employees, equipment etc. this is treated as a pass-through entity and not taxed in USA.

With a BVI company nowadays you cannot open any bank account in most EMI including Wise.
Based on new regulations you also need to report all bank accounts holding over $10k.

But all US-sourced income should be taxable? US LLC is only good if you don't have USA customers.

Reactions: Offshr
Based on new regulations you also need to report all bank accounts holding over $10k.

But all US-sourced income should be taxable? US LLC is only good if you don't have USA customers.
The regulation you are referring to is FBAR. You typically open an LLC account using US services or EMI in dollars like Mercury or Wise in USD. In that case, money is held in USA for the LLC and no need to report anything, also because it is almost impossible to open an LLC account outside of US.
This regulation may apply if you open an LLC account in a foreign bank outside US (I do not know why you would do that when in US you have access to plenty of good banks and EMI).

You can have US-clients, the important thing is that you do not have any dependent agent in US or store facilities, employees etc. You need to have no presence on US soil.

Thanks for this. Am currently investigating the US LLC thing. Cheers for the tip :)
Its some of the fastes, cheapest and most protecting entities you can setup. Works well with Mercury bank.

Latest Threads