Our valued sponsor

Cambodia or Vietnamese residency

yodeebaa

May 7, 2021
Israel
Visit site
Hello, is there a reputable contact from Cambodia or Vietnam in this forum that can guide me through the process of obtaining a residency in Cambodia or Vietnam? I am familiar with the Thai Elite program which is straight forward and relatively easy to obtain but couldn't find anything remotely easy for the other locations. Most of my assets are currently in Crypto and I am having great difficulty cashing it out. My interest and fascination with South-East Asia is in particular strong. with much appreciation and thank you.

Due to Thai changes in tax rules I'm probably going to move to Phnom Penh for about 6 months a year for the next couple of years, it's no biggie so long as I can find somewhere to live. When there I'll be needing visa extensions and a bank account but I'm sure there's a load of agents who can provide these services. I will of course need to avoid being a tax resident in Cambodia as well.

I've been there before but not for a long time, maybe about 10 years ago and I understand it's got a lot busier so I'll probably take a trip down there at some point in the next 4 to 8 weeks.

Hello, is there a reputable contact from Cambodia or Vietnam in this forum that can guide me through the process of obtaining a residency in Cambodia or Vietnam? I am familiar with the Thai Elite program which is straight forward and relatively easy to obtain but couldn't find anything remotely easy for the other locations. Most of my assets are currently in Crypto and I am having great difficulty cashing it out. My interest and fascination with South-East Asia is in particular strong. with much appreciation and thank you.
What are the issues with cashing out crypto?

Cambodia would be rather easy to cash out id imagine but you’d be stuck in USD or local currency domestically if you can’t provide sound source of wealth to move it into the international financial rails.

Even in Thailand that is similar (gone through EDD a couple of times).

Vietnam not so sure but there is a larger interest in Crypto so I can’t see many issues I’d also imagine Finacial rails are more open.

Due to Thai changes in tax rules I'm probably going to move to Phnom Penh for about 6 months a year for the next couple of years, it's no biggie so long as I can find somewhere to live. When there I'll be needing visa extensions and a bank account but I'm sure there's a load of agents who can provide these services. I will of course need to avoid being a tax resident in Cambodia as well.

I've been there before but not for a long time, maybe about 10 years ago and I understand it's got a lot busier so I'll probably take a trip down there at some point in the next 4 to 8 weeks.
Been talking with the wife about something similar and on and off here for such a long time - friends are pressuring me to move to Aus due to my skill set (intelligence/military AI) had a look at but it’s increasingly authoritarian.

Looked at going back to the Caribbean but don’t like the idea of flights back and forth.

Can’t stand Dubai - Europe is fun but gets boring.

We’ve (just this evening when driving) both were talking and I said Laos or Cambodia - she said no “f*****g way Laos” - not sure about Cambodia - if anyone wants to pipe up - need basically a country for a year or two for dividends drawdown in the future.

She did say she’d prefer Bali but haven’t checked tax set up there these days.

Interested to learn more about Laos / Cambodia though as a complete backup.

Reactions: unth72

Latest Threads