Our valued sponsor

Can I get a Singapore company bank account if I don't live there?

Open a personal wealth management account and in the onboarding process, mention that you want to also open a company for your Singapore business.

Singapore companies must have a local resident director. If you hire a genuine director (not just a nominee serving on dozens/hundreds of other companies), your chances of opening an account should be quite high. If your transactions are to other Singapore businesses, that further increases your chances of success.

Reactions: Forester and jafo
Open a personal wealth management account and in the onboarding process, mention that you want to also open a company for your Singapore business.

Singapore companies must have a local resident director. If you hire a genuine director (not just a nominee serving on dozens/hundreds of other companies), your chances of opening an account should be quite high. If your transactions are to other Singapore businesses, that further increases your chances of success.
Hey thanks this sounds like good advice. I do actually already have a personal wealth account in Singapore and have contacted them, just waiting to hear back what they say.

With regards to hiring a genuine director, do you mean one where they are paid a monthly salary? If so, how much would the expected salary be?

With regards to hiring a genuine director, do you mean one where they are paid a monthly salary? If so, how much would the expected salary be?
Think of it as hiring someone for your business. What roles do you need filled? What parts of the business do you need help with? Of course, you want to keep costs reasonable so try to think of a senior enough sounding role that they could reasonably sit on the board of directors but not so senior you're paying C-level Singapore salaries.

For example, a digital marketing manager probably costs around 4-5,000 SGD/month if you hire someone relatively early in their career.

Reactions: slink
hey @slink, I have recently incorporated my company in Singapore while residing abroad and currently talking with OCBC and DBS. The process is longer than if you were in Singapore but it's still possible to do it. I'm looking to open a personal wealth account and wanted to ask you how you did it?
Hey there.

With regards to the personal wealth account it was very easy. I just called UOB's wealth banking service and set up a call with one of them, they said I'd need to open the account in person so I flew to Singapore and met with them, and they spent the morning going through the account opening procedure with me. I then flew back home and transferred the money to the account they opened for me.

Reactions: uranium
Hey there.

With regards to the personal wealth account it was very easy. I just called UOB's wealth banking service and set up a call with one of them, they said I'd need to open the account in person so I flew to Singapore and met with them, and they spent the morning going through the account opening procedure with me. I then flew back home and transferred the money to the account they opened for me.
Do you mind sharing country from where you sent funds and currency?
Also minimum deposit amount