Our valued sponsor

Can I give a loan to another offshore company and close mine?

Yaneek

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Both companies are in the Seychelles (IBCs).

Can I give a loan from my offshore company to the offshore company of a friend of mine and close my company after that? Or will I not be able to close the company as long as the loan is not paid back?

The thing with this is that my friend has a way to withdraw the money and give it to me. (real life friend not somebody I just me on the internet :), so I trust him 100%).

I'm just affraid that I won't be able to close my company after that.

Can I give a loan from my offshore company to the offshore company of a friend of mine and close my company after that? Or will I not be able to close the company as long as the loan is not paid back?
You can do that and no one will be asking questions, what so ever!

Seychelles has no accounting requirements. You don't even need to bother with a 'loan'. Just transfer the money and then stop paying the yearly fees to allow the company to die naturally.
I totally agree with you! Just transfer the money to the Seychelles corp and forget about the rest! No one will ever ask questions if you do so.

Actually most banks nowadays ask questions about the nature of payment. In practice it is usually necessary to provide the bank with a loan agreement; the loan should involve accrual of interest; also the bank may require a pledge or sequrity. UNLESS you confirm that you and your friend (or your companies) are related parties, but this may also require substantiation

Actually most banks nowadays ask questions about the nature of payment. In practice it is usually necessary to provide the bank with a loan agreement; the loan should involve accrual of interest; also the bank may require a pledge or sequrity. UNLESS you confirm that you and your friend (or your companies) are related parties, but this may also require substantiation
What banks do you referrer to if I may ask?

Swiss banks (a couple of them, I am pretty sure that it is a common policy), Cyprus bank (BoC, Eurobank)..And I heard about the same issues with Barclays.

Thats what I personally experienced recently. Do you have a different experience? Which reliable banks now easily pass payments without confirmation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyprus bank (BoC, Eurobank)..And I heard about the same issues with Barclays.
again you taking that out of a context that not apply to all banks! You need to build up a relationsjip with the banks so you will avoid all the trouble.

Simply make a transfer from one company to the Seychelles, Belize or other offshore company's bank account. Forget about loan agreements and advance law suite examples, it does simply not apply for your situation here!

Reactions: negon

I haven't had any of my banks request anything like this yet. If they did I would change banks.

Reactions: negon
If you want to do it by the book, then

1. Transfer ownership of your company (Y Inc) to your friend's company (F Inc). You can write this on a piece of paper.
2. Write a agreement between you and Y to make your loan freely transferable (if it isn't). Another piece of paper.
3. Pay dividends from Y to F in the form of the loan.
4. Close Y