Our valued sponsor

Question Can I launch an App on the Apple and Google Play Stores via an Offshore Company?

Hello,

Can someone with experience in this please confirm if it is easy to launch an App in the Apple and Google Play Stores using an Offshore Company that is not in the same jurisdiction where you live?

I'm wanting to launch a new App and I'm thinking of doing it via either a Hong Kong or Singapore company that can be easily and quickly opened online with an EMI bank account for the in-app payments. Such a company wouldn't have utilities bills or things like that and I don't know what Apple and Google require for verifying such a setup.

Are there any hurdles to pass verification with such a setup on the App Stores or is it straightforward?

you will need an HK number to verify the developer account. Think about getting one before starting the process but no big issues in terms of documents required.

You can also do without the HK number but is much more complicated.

Shouldn't be an issue, the only thing you need for apple is a DUNS ID. Google is even easier. They really only want you to fill in the form and pay your registration fee for the most part.
Glad to hear it shouldn't be an issue even though I don't live in the country where I would incorporate the company from. What is a DUNS ID and how do I get that for a Hong Kong or Singapore company to ensure I pay 0% tax?

you will need an HK number to verify the developer account. Think about getting one before starting the process but no big issues in terms of documents required.

You can also do without the HK number but is much more complicated.
Can you please expound on this? Do you mean an HK telephone number (like a Skype number) ? Why is it so complicated if you do not have a local phone number?

Also, I don't have government-issued identification from the country where I live in as I'm on a long-term visa here and they don't provide ID, but I do have my valid passport from my home country. Will that be a problem?

Latest Threads