Our valued sponsor

Can I take pending salary from own company?

libren

Oct 13, 2018
Visit site
I started company few years back and it took time for me to turn into profit. There was no money so question of taking salary or dividend was out of question. Now as company is profitable can I claim salary for the past couple of years I give in?
I also have give my personal assets to company like car etc it was transferred to company name and I did not took any money for it for years.
Can I take rent for the past few years?

There was no money so question of taking salary or dividend was out of question. Now as company is profitable can I claim salary for the past couple of years I give in?

Off course not. Thats part of running a business. Have you done any accounts for your company?

Secondly where are you based and where is company based. No one here is holding a crystal ball to be able to give an answer to a vague question ;). You seem like you know very little about the basics of running a company and look to be treating it like a personal holding company. You may well want to start with speaking to an accountant.

I don't have much knowledge but in law Individual and company are two different identity. Its a private limited company is in EU and I am not in EU. Well of course can take salary from the company or take dividend as explained by tax officer. But in dividend there is % on dividend + % on dividend amount.

I don't have much knowledge but in law Individual and company are two different identity.

This has nothing to do with paying yourself back salary from when your company made no money.

Its a private limited company is in EU and I am not in EU.

This tells me nothing. EU is not a country and rules and regulations for companies varies drastically within EU countries.

Well of course can take salary from the company or take dividend as explained by tax officer. But in dividend there is % on dividend + % on dividend amount.

There are different rules for each countries. i.e Withholding taxes on dividend payments etc. It all varies from EU country to EU country.

Basically your questions and opaqueness don't help to answer your question. Speak to your tax officer ad there's no miracle answers to vague questions thu&¤#.

Latest Threads