Our valued sponsor

Can't cash out my crypto and live my life...

I know people can buy everything with crypto in dubai. But I'm curious if for a lambo, watch or house they ask for SoF or they just don't care?

I heard it is hard to wire money out of Thailand once you cash out.
you don't keep your money in Thailand, you keep them in crypto friendly jurisdiction, your tax and physical residency is going to be in Thailand though.

Reactions: Donsted and jafo
No, you can't just say you bought it 10 years ago without giving proof.

Why would I risk getting killed or kidnapped by being one of the few rich folks in a third-world country? I'd rather stay poor in my home country if that's the only option lol.

No one is going to kidnap you in Laos. It's safer than wherever you are now, guaranteed.

And no, you got it all wrong. It's always better to be rich in a third-world country, and keep getting richer with little effort.

• Haha
The thing is that AML rules are so complicated that a bank/EMI can refuse any of your Source of Funds documents without justification and hold your money forever. No bank has published a list of documents that can be accepted to unlock a frozen account.
The easiest thing in your case - just stick to using cash for most of your expenses and keep most of your salary in a bank account if your goal is to have some savings in a bank.
Moving to another country is a crazy idea if your crypto savings is something like $100k. It only makes sense if you have millions.
The same goes about SoF documents. Don't bother for $100k. Remember that funds in a bank account are always at risk even when they are not connected to crypto (It's like Not Your Vault - Not Your Gold).
We are talking about millions indeed.

Why make it so complicated?

There are places in the world where you can sell crypto for cash without ID.

Up to a year ago I had friends in Italy and Poland able to both buy and sell Bitcoin from ATMs without providing an ID. Now it has changed but there are places where you can still do it.

Also, you can move to Dubai and buy a lambo in crypto, or buy a thai elite visa in Thailand with crypto and move there for 10 years and your home country tax agency won't care anymore if you can provide proof of tax residency there.
Because you can't really cash out multiple millions from an ATM and keep it all in cash, that's just retarded.
I'm looking to have money in the bank to invest into traditional markets and buy real estate with.

This is easily solvable!

What country are you in? :rolleyes:

Note: @meze99 is a 100% correct! Not your bank, not your money! It's a 2/3 multisig when money is in the bank. Plot twist: The gov. and the bank won't need your "keys". They both vote to grab your money!

Also: @JohnnyDoe is 100% correct. Get yourself a Mentor Group Gold. If you can't afford to pay €95/month for a solution you can do it yourself, well... I rather not disclose what I think.
I'm still not sure what this Gold group is, to be honest.

You don't get it right. Some people need to be spoonfeed rof/%
I'm looking to get advice on how to structure my SoF documentation, So far I've only received comments asking me to pay 100 euros for some subscription, some about moving to a third-world country, and some telling me to cash out multiple million in cash at an ATM.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome.

The problems you're facing are what a lot of crypto bros have to deal with nowadays, especially the ones that have been around since before 2016. There's no way for these people to be able to collect every transfer they've ever done, or anything at all for that matter, banks know that and banks are annoyed by that too, at least the people who work there. I've been personally told by compliance department employees that what they ask for is plain retarded.

What you have obtained legally is not so legal, that's how regulators see it. It is your fault for not saving everything. I know that's absurd, I've been in the same position as you not too long ago.

You don't need a receipt of a wire transfer, 10 years ago things weren't like they are today and even if you bought something using a transfer 10 years ago, the only exchange that's still standing from back then is Bitstamp.

What you need is a source of how you made the coins, say for example, you sold a painting and got paid for it, or maybe you sold a pdf file on how to get rich. That's it. That's the only solution you can go with, to make stuff up.

Hi and welcome.

The problems you're facing are what a lot of crypto bros have to deal with nowadays, especially the ones that have been around since before 2016. There's no way for these people to be able to collect every transfer they've ever done, or anything at all for that matter, banks know that and banks are annoyed by that too, at least the people who work there. I've been personally told by compliance department employees that what they ask for is plain retarded.

What you have obtained legally is not so legal, that's how regulators see it. It is your fault for not saving everything. I know that's absurd, I've been in the same position as you not too long ago.

You don't need a receipt of a wire transfer, 10 years ago things weren't like they are today and even if you bought something using a transfer 10 years ago, the only exchange that's still standing from back then is Bitstamp.

What you need is a source of how you made the coins, say for example, you sold a painting and got paid for it, or maybe you sold a pdf file on how to get rich. That's it. That's the only solution you can go with, to make stuff up.
Thanks, the only reply that actually answers my question so far.

What is the best 'excuse' in your opinion to give banks?
I've been thinking of just creating an nft sale and just buying it all up with my other wallets.
It's crazy we have to resort to doing stuff like this but I honestly have no idea what to do.

Reactions: diatessaron
Thanks, the only reply that actually answers my question so far.

What is the best 'excuse' in your opinion to give banks?
I've been thinking of just creating an nft sale and just buying it all up with my other wallets.
It's crazy we have to resort to doing stuff like this but I honestly have no idea what to do.
Your idea is a good one, a bit complicated to set-up but it is going to work if done right.

Why not start a legitimate business that accepts crypto as payment (so you pay yourself from several different wallets) and pay taxes? It could be cheaper with some shady ways for sure, but this could also work.
Because that's money laundering (?)

The kid seems well positioned to learn this the hard way :(
I 100% know what you guys are talking about, but I'm sure there has to be a way around it to legitimize something that is already legit.
I don't understand how crypto scammers are living the life, buying jets and lambos and someone like me who got his funds through legit means has to be treated like some sort of criminal trying to launder money.

I believe in crypto long-term anyway, if there is no way out I will just stick to my current lifestyle and forget about what I had planned.

Last edited:
you would get more answers or ideas if you would pay attention to what people ask
Already answered those questions a few replies back.
I will say it again to make it clear

- How much are we talking about?
A couple million dollars. under 5.

- Do you need/want to cash it out all at once for some reason or just trying to cover your daily expenses?
I want to cash out in 100k or higher batches, I already have a system in place to cover my daily expenses.
My end goal is to diversify my portfolio into real estate and traditional markets.

• Haha
Reactions: jafo

- Do you need/want to cash it out all at once for some reason or just trying to cover your daily expenses?
I want to cash out in 100k or higher batches, I already have a system in place to cover my daily expenses.
My end goal is to diversify my portfolio into real estate and traditional markets.

hire a great Photoshop artist and create a plausible success story how you traded your original hundred bucks on several unregulated exchanges in couple of different jurisdictions that don't exist any more, yet you have all the supporting documentation backed up as expected by the authorities, all that years ago when it was no big deal and it ended up like this

get yourself "employed" and (very) well paid by someone with a legitimate serious business who doesn't care where your crypto is coming from

buy a real business for a fraction of the real value with fiat and pay the rest in crypto to the owner who doesn't care

become a successful sports bettor and present the "right" side of the arbitrage trades

buy winning sports betting tickets

yes, some/most of it is money laundering
yes, all comes with associated cost

or let it the diversification dream go, convert to bitcoin and keep your wealth in the ultimate asset, either borrow against it or wait until nobody will care where it's coming from

hire a great Photoshop artist and create a plausible success story how you traded your original hundred bucks on several unregulated exchanges in couple of different jurisdictions that don't exist any more, yet you have all the supporting documentation backed up as expected by the authorities, all that years ago when it was no big deal and it ended up like this

get yourself "employed" and (very) well paid by someone with a legitimate serious business who doesn't care where your crypto is coming from

buy a real business for a fraction of the real value with fiat and pay the rest in crypto to the owner who doesn't care

become a successful sports bettor and present the "right" side of the arbitrage trades

yes, some/most of it is money laundering
yes, all comes with associated cost

or let it the diversification dream go, convert to bitcoin and keep your wealth in the ultimate asset, either borrow against it or wait until nobody will care where it's coming from
Great ideas, some of which I actually didn't think of.
I appreciate the help

In the end of the day if you can't prove SoF for the money you already have, then banks and evey other institution is going to assume it is money laundered even if it's not. Now if you just play along with that because you have no other choice, you will find solutions to legally inject the crypto as business profits or etc...

I'm pretty sure no one is going to give you an extensive guide on a public forum hence why the gold membership has been recommended.

Photoshop won't work with decent banks. Some third world banks may accept it.
Look into NFTs. Swiss laws as far as I remember don't tax any profits on them when you are a Swiss resident.
If you want to diversify - buy gold coins with crypto. Real estate also can be bought with crypto in some countries.
Stocks and bonds - not easy and high risk, you have to pass bank and broker complience every year. One year you may pass it and next year you may find your assets frozen.

Reactions: jonage
Does that actually work?

All in all good ideas. But might be difficult to execute.

Latest Threads