Our valued sponsor

Card processor for risky subscription business

ralfkuefer

Apr 20, 2020
Visit site
Hello,
I'm looking for a credit / debit card processor that would allow to collect cards for subscriptions

1. Low risk as it's fashion ecommerce
2. Chargeback rate up to 5%, maybe 10% - I only have some information from competitors and am just starting
3. Average order value ~20-30$
4. No external gateway - only collecting on site like stripe

I will try an account with Stripe but find it a waste of time if they kill the account next month :/
I can use UK / Delaware / German / Estonia / Poland / Czech / Seychelles company if that changes anything

Please help me with some directions :)

Reactions: JohnLocke
Is your business compliant with the new card scheme rules on subscriptions? Came out a few weeks ago, IIRC.
Any link to that would be much appreciated :)

We do not offer trial/discounted periods but more like a product + subscription packaged deal.
"merchants selling both physical and digital goods and services who offer free trials or discounted introductory offers as part of a subscription"

This kind of touches the spot of what I was thinking about.
"(ii) as a one-off purchase, and the cardholder was not clearly advised of further billing after the purchase date."

Kinda sucks as the subscription was meant to be 3 days after initial billing
"The merchant electronically notified the cardholder (based on the details the cardholder provided) before processing new transactions following the trial/ promotional period."
"Merchants must also send a reminder notification (i.e., email or SMS/text) including a link to online cancellation policy at least seven (7) days before initiating a recurring transaction if"

I suppose it would still be possible as most people don't check email and you could play cat & mouse with sending multiple but aren't good news to hear :(

I'm in the same case, any help would be gladly appreciated. I have a Chargeback up to 2-3% actually, and I'm billing in EUR.
What business are you into, a CB ratio of 2 - 3% sounds scary?

You should definitely avoid the French Market then.
naahhh not sure, it is all about customer support, using 3d secure and to check your customers transactions before they result in a chargeback. I have been in this game for many years and I know card processors (the regular processors) will run away from everything above 1%.

But let's see if you can find one around here, I hope so for you thu&¤#

For those who are still actually looking for a solution and have a whole offshore setup (Company + Bank Account), but wants to process onshore / with a physical institution, two famous banks here in Georgia will deal with you if you are a permanent resident. :)

[Same work with Panama too, if you're lucky to be in the "friendly nations" and have a full Panama Setup (Company and Bank Onshore)]

Now just for the bigger PP contest, and taking all the experience from everyone here :

1) When having a high risky business, working with 3D Secure, checking everything and having a okay (not bad, not excellent) customer support will not help lower the CB that much. The work has to be done and was done by my side, but people are people. Especially when you're promising them, big pp, big titties wife and big monnies.

2) Being in the biz for not so long but having generated more than 3.4 millions euros, with 1.5 with one single product in the past 2 years, (remember here, I'm just trying to win a pissing contest), lowering your CB is a great and is a must, but you'll reach a point where this will not prevent nor help scaling.

My ignorent never processing legit again 2 cents.

Latest Threads