Our valued sponsor

Caribbean island vs Monaco pro and cons for living

There must be a women's quota
I am afraid it will likely be a pork sword fest unless some guys would be kind enough to identify as the opposite sex :(

I am currently in the vicinity of Monaco (Beausoleil, FR) as I am visiting the inlaws. The inlaws and the wife are all born/raised in Monaco for several generations but they only have French citizenship, not Monegasque. The wife has friends who are monegasque and if you happen to have this citizenship then essentially the state pretty much subsidises your entire life. Housing that is rented out to foreigners for like 25K a month is essentially rented out to Monegasques for like 1K a month sort of thing. Also I am travelling regularly to this area, mostly visiting the inlaws but also I do import/export and commodity trading and MC is full of trading houses and this offers occasional networking opportunities (but low added value in my opinion as I've never seen so many fake-it-till-you-NEVER-make-it people than what I see here in MC) But as most of us here on this forum won't have Monegasque citizeship, my personal take on it is that Monaco is NOT a real tax haven. Sure you don't pay income tax, but you pay for it in real estate. So this is the place to perhaps come to when you are old and have already made your money elswhere during your younger years. But if you are young and hungry, this is most definitely not the place to find your riches. You will just be yet another faux-riche, owning no assets, leasing various goods to build an image and not really have much else going on. That said, I'd probably still choose MC over a Carribean location!!

Reactions: Marshal and jafo
If you have money then Monaco is paradise.
It is safest country on earth. You can buy your own home. Live independently and whenever you get bored, you can go to France or Italy have fun..
I personally just need to live in safest country and I don't need to impress anyone.
Nearby gym and it would be more interesting for me to meet with old people with experience who had successful careers, business, and learn from them. It is much beneficial than hanging out with 20 years old crypto millionaire.
Have you actually been there? You can "buy your own home" almost everywhere on the globe, this is not such a big advantage.

I love it how EVERY SINGLE person that lives in Monaco tells you within 2 sentences that "Monaco is amazing because you can escape to France or Italy". Tells you all you need to know about the place ;)

Have you actually been there? You can "buy your own home" almost everywhere on the globe, this is not such a big advantage.

I love it how EVERY SINGLE person that lives in Monaco tells you within 2 sentences that "Monaco is amazing because you can escape to France or Italy". Tells you all you need to know about the place ;)
Monaco is a small city. Like living in "old town". They say this because they can be in 1 minute in France in nature or 20minutes in Italy. Not because Monaco is bad. Actually it's most nice city all around region.
And most economy of region surrounds Monaco. Without Monaco all the region would lose it's charm instantly. Many people who are expats are in the region because of Monaco.

rof/% After almost 100 replies, I've come to the obvious conclusion that some people love Monaco and others don't. rof/%

The real questions are:

(1) Which one of you had your minds changed and are now on Team Opposite?

(2) Why?

(3) Which reply (ies) convinced you to change your mind?

;)

I love it how EVERY SINGLE person that lives in Monaco tells you within 2 sentences that "Monaco is amazing because you can escape to France or Italy". Tells you all you need to know about the place

Same with people that live on the sliver of rock called Gibraltar under Category 2 residency. They boast how you can easily travel to Spain to enjoy yourself. Basically if you have to travel to the neighboring tax hells of France or Spain just to have a life then something is wrong....lol.

(1) Which one of you had your minds changed and are now on Team Opposite?

(2) Why?

(3) Which reply (ies) convinced you to change your mind?

Interesting questions. I wonder if anyone indeed has changed their minds...lol.

• Haha
Reactions: uranium and jafo
I didn't expect this thread to reach 5 pages. Lol
It was azb1 who needed advice and the show started.
I believe azb1 will it make to Monaco.
He has great knowledge, from IT industry. Enough money.
Only thing is missing for him is a great local lawyer in Monaco to assist with immigration process

Reactions: jafo
I didn't expect this thread to reach 5 pages. Lol
It was azb1 who needed advice and the show started.
I believe azb1 will it make to Monaco.
He has great knowledge, from IT industry. Enough money.
Only thing is missing for him is a great local lawyer in Monaco to assist with immigration process

I can help with all things in Monaco you may need. Feel free to email me.

Reactions: uranium