Our valued sponsor

Question Cash-equivalent investment

Lol at Sovereign man with lots of gold adverts plastered all over his page. You failed to add quote he said the below right after mentioned what you quoted above :

On another note… We think gold could DOUBLE and silver could increase by up to 5 TIMES in the next few years.

That's why we published a new, 50-page long Ultimate Guide on Gold & Silver that you can download here.

I think he might be a bit biased...I am just guessing maybe...lol.

Lol at Sovereign man with lots of gold adverts plastered all over his page. You failed to add quote he said the below right after mentioned what you quoted above :

"Learn how to Double Your Money with an asset that has a 5,000 year history of prosperity"
rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/%

Reminds me of Peter Schiff, being consistently wrong about everything for decades but still some people listen to him because "the crash is coming" and "the end is near.. the system will collapse".

Reactions: Martin Everson
Reminds me of Peter Schiff, being consistently wrong about everything for decades but still some people listen to him because "the crash is coming" and "the end is near.. the system will collapse".

Yeah Peter is great at selling fear. If he wasn't running his business selling overpriced funds he would be on a New York street corner performing Three Card Monte with other hustlers.

I think I said it before but whatever Peter tells you to do investment wise then do the exact opposite and you will earn money as he is indeed consistently wrong - but even a broken clock is right twice in a day.

• Haha
Reactions: jjrapy
A worst case scenario is possible for all asset classes.

As shown post 30 by azb1 for stocks between 1999-2009

but it's the same for bonds (70s-80s), gold, real estate,... during a long time period

There is only one best protection and it's DIVERSIFICATION ("all weather").

Adjust cursors depending your own criterias...

2 examples
- If you are 60 years old+, high wealthy, more safety assets
- if you are 20 years, less than 1 million, 100% bonds is in my opinion not smart at all.

Personnaly, I don't want to bet or try to see the future in a crystal ball.
Some people on this forum, see no inflation in the next coming years, stocks overvalued and falling, bitcoin to 500kusd, other bitcoin to zero, ...

Make an average of all and I think you shouldn't be bad.

Check how wealthy people invest in average or financial advisors recommandations in average can give a good vision to start a balanced repartition.

Last edited:
Yeah Peter is great at selling fear. If he wasn't running his business selling overpriced funds he would be on a New York street corner performing Three Card Monte with other hustlers.

I think I said it before but whatever Peter tells you to do investment wise then do the exact opposite and you will earn money as he is indeed consistently wrong - but even a broken clock is right twice in a day.
Selling fear is a great business.

And the best thing is that the victims don't even realize they got scammed. They are happy making zero gains (or lose money) for DECADES, as long as they "avoid the upcoming crash that is right around the corner". Incredible.

You sound just like the government with your straw man arguments. Either the U.S. had an average 4.6% annual inflation rate between 1965 and 2008 -- or it did not. If that is historical fact, then the current low interest rates could indeed be a is a major anomaly rather than a new paradigm.

That is certainly worth a discussion. Instead, you diverted a worthy talk that may have helped people by attacking the messenger. Sadly, everyone else took the bait and followed suit.

Reactions: celizo
Selling fear is a great business.

And the best thing is that the victims don't even realize they got scammed. They are happy making zero gains (or lose money) for DECADES, as long as they "avoid the upcoming crash that is right around the corner". Incredible.

Plus there are plenty of people happy to lose money with conviction sadly.

That is certainly worth a discussion. Instead, you diverted a worthy talk that may have helped people by attacking the messenger. Sadly, everyone else took the bait and followed suit.

Keep listening to that guy that is trying to sell you gold. Nothing worthy about his motives...lol.

Keep listening to that guy that is trying to sell you gold. Nothing worthy about his motives...lol.
Once again, you avoid a worthy discussion by attacking someone's motives rather than their statements of fact. Either inflation is a cyclical phenomenon or it is not. Either the U.S. had an average 4.6% annual inflation rate between 1965 and 2008 -- or it did not. A renowned economist said this 75 years ago:
Yet the ardor for inflation never dies. It would almost seem as if no country is capable of profiting from the experience of another and no generation of learning from the sufferings of its forebears. Each generation and country follows the same mirage. Each grasps for the same Dead Sea fruit that turns to dust and ashes in its mouth. For it is the nature of inflation to give birth to a thousand illusions.
Henry Hazlitt, "Economics in One Lesson" (1946).

If you hold long-term bonds, I would think that such a discussion would matter to you rather than avoiding it like grim death. Or are you also under sway of "a thousand illusions?"