Our valued sponsor

Question CAYE Bank and first deposit

Paprika

Jan 14, 2021
Visit site
Hello to everybody.
I've been reading this Forum for a couple of years and I thank everyone for it.
I am now in the process of opening an account for my company in CAYE Bank.
I sent them the required docs in scans and the Application Form.
They have just replied that I have to transfer the first deposit (1000 USD) + 100 USD application fee BEFORE they proceed with reviewing my documents.
However they specify in the correspondence that transferring the initial deposit to CIB does not automatically qualify as an “approval”. If the application does result in a denial, CIB refunds the respective initial deposit minus applicable fees.

The payment instruction seems to me a bit weird.
So, a question to you: has anyone made it? I mean transfer of the first deposit to CAYE BEFORE reviewing the docs?

Any thoughts?

I confirm too, Caye Bank are good guys. You should be fine.
hold your horses here please. Caye is about the last bank in BZ that hasnt gone bust (yet). Some other threads on this forum mention problems with correspondent banks. Avoid unpleasant surprises and do your homework on this bank. Of course the wont be problems wiring the money to them. Getting your funds out may turn out to be a completely different animal. I dont say not to open an account with Caye, just be cautious.

Yes, it is true there are a few banks that do not issue reference letters as a matter of policy. But generally it should be quite easy to get references. Sometimes they don' t know what you mean when you ask for a reference because they call them something else, like "certificates", but it is the same thing.

Never understood the interest in Belize banks sadly they all go under or lose correspondence. It’s just not that great of a jurisdiction can’t say anything bad about the bank in particular through.

Latest Threads