Our valued sponsor

charging company in eu from company in faraway island that has 0 % tax

ltd company created in european union country makes over 7 figures in year in profit
taxes are too high,they go into politicians pockets anyways
i create company in faraway island that has 0% tax
i charge eu company from faraway island company
eu company profits are lowered to 4 figs
taxes are paid on 4 figs only
evil politician does not take my money
i donate the extra to my own pocket

what do you guys think?is this tax evasion or is this the loophole mister donald trump and friends are using to avoid paying taxes?

Yes, of course, nobody has ever heard of that idea before. Politicians hate this trick! :rolleyes:

Maybe read this thread: USA LLC + Belgium Freelancer
it doesnt matter who has heard of this before,what matters is whether it works or not
Is Pikachu the nominee director?
please keep such senseless comments to yourself,they add nothing to the topic and other users in the future will find it annoying
Congrats on the 7-figure profit! Now spend some of that income on a competent tax advisor.
thank you,my tax advisor suggested this to me however he said dubai instead of "redacted island"
im saying redacted island because theres someone in said island who will work for my company and i plan on paying them a generous amount for their services
i dont see anything illegal here but before i go with another ta's opinion id like to know why this would be considered illegal

i create company in faraway island

please keep such senseless comments to yourself

Based on where you formed the company my question was very relevant :)

Based on where you formed the company my question was very relevant :)
Your Pokémon culture is impressive thu&¤#

it doesnt matter who has heard of this before,what matters is whether it works or not
There are plenty of laws written to stop people from doing this. Just think critically. If it were possible, why isn't everybody doing it? Why is there a single cent of tax in any state budget?

Look into BEPS regulations (which is the first problem you'll run into), transfer pricing (depending on how you try to justify the massive invoice), tax residence, place of effective management, and permanent establishments.

If you make a profit of 10 million and a company in BVI or Dubai invoices your company for 9 million, of course there are regulations that kick in and stop that kind of nonsense. Something like this only works if no one questions it, which comes down to efficiency of enforcement by your local tax office.

And then you plan to receive 9 million from a company in BVI and Dubai in your bank account. What do you tell your bank when they ask where the money came from?

thank you,my tax advisor suggested this to me however he said dubai instead of "redacted island"
If I were you, I'd consider firing the tax advisor, and make sure the next one is actually skilled and duly licensed to give this kind of advice. The current advice you have been given advice could land you in jail, or at the very least with massive back taxes and penalties, if someone starts asking uncomfortable questions.

ltd company created in european union country makes over 7 figures in year in profit

what do you guys think?is this tax evasion or is this the loophole mister donald trump and friends are using to avoid paying taxes?

Hey,

As long as you do a legit setup (even which involves zero-tax countries) all is good.

European Court of Justice once said that it is up to the person to decide what business structure to use and purpose to be tax effective is not against the laws.

On the other hand, nowadays you need to think extensively in order to structure everything properly.

Reactions: Expatgenie

As a tax lawyer, I can underline that the only legal way to reduce taxes is to incorporate a company where taxes are low or even zero and move yourself to a place where fiscal residents pay low or zero amounts of taxes. (Each case is unique so if you explain your exact situation I will consult you more in deep).

please keep such senseless comments to yourself,they add nothing to the topic and other users in the future will find it annoying

im saying redacted island because theres someone in said island who will work for my company and i plan on paying them a generous amount for their services
i dont see anything illegal here but before i go with another ta's opinion id like to know why this would be considered illegal
Yes obviously this is illegal

sounds fine if you actually move to and live on the island as well...and your transactions / invoices are arms length...

spend 7 months there in the year...own property there and live in your residence with family if you have any...

use the island local banks and pretty soon it will be your truth

Last edited:
even if he moves to "faraway island" and makes invoices just for the purpose of shrinking taxable income in eu country, it's still forbidden under BEPS
since both companies would be owned by same person, transfer pricing might be needed (depending on transaction types between two companies)

the invoices would actually have very strong background, and most likely this would bring attention of tax agency

do you agree with me?

even if he moves to "faraway island" and makes invoices just for the purpose of shrinking taxable income in eu country, it's still forbidden under BEPS
since both companies would be owned by same person, transfer pricing might be needed (depending on transaction types between two companies)

the invoices would actually have very strong background, and most likely this would bring attention of tax agency

do you agree with me?

This is correct.
Even by using a nominee director this will be easily pierced by tax authorities

1) you reduce profit with billing form a tax haven. What services and proof of services you can provide?

2) anything billing from a tax haven will increase exponentially the risk of having tax authorities on you

3) you try to shift 90% of the profit all of a sudden to a tax heaven entity by suddenly billing an existing company. Tax data mining notices this and another red flag to get a tax investigation.

4) as soon as things look suspicious and authorities believe they are losing tax income from a set up structure they will take action and won't stop. You office gets raided and they will contact the tax heaven which will provide all information they request under the tax exchange treaty

5) even you use a nominee director, they will get that information often from authorities (they ask who is working for this company and who makes decisions), unless that nominee agrees to take all the risk and will declare that, which nobody will do

6) any related business you received billing from in a tax heaven has to be declared with the annual report in most EU countries

Only tax advice to be given is, move to another more tax beneficial jurisdiction, set up a business there and operate through that business instead of the EU LTD company, unless you really set up some substance in another jurisdictions. But even in that case if you are related you will still risk tax investigation and make sure you have your transfer pricing upfront prepared and operate at arms length

Look, DYOR … not a financial advice. But …

If you make 7 figures, it’ll cost 4 figures to hire a team of 2-3 do some job from legit countries, and maybe create new products or have your tech team based elsewhere. You need to spend a little to make substance and perhaps launch an actual company on the way. Many options here, UAE, Malta, Canary Islands in Spain (4% corp taz if you hire 2 employees), Madeira in Portugal, Cyprus… long list.

So if I look at profit, say, 5Mn yearly. It’s ok to spend 80k on actual team and company that they may do something which help you scale or at least retain.

Other legal option is to go reside where taxes are good. There are many options in EU, Asia, etc.

Now to your proposal, if you make it to jail for tax crimes, no profit will help you. What you propose is nothing that any taxman haven’t seen. You’ll be caught.

Latest Threads