Our valued sponsor

Choice Bank of Belize faces liquidity problems

After more then 100K views and all this time does anyone can report if they got their money back or if all is lost?

Reactions: JohnLocke
After more then 100K views and all this time does anyone can report if they got their money back or if all is lost?

Personally, I received about 53% of the claimed amount in August 2019.

My personal opinion: all is not lost. Let's wait for those "two to three weeks" after which we are supposed to be contacted again by the liquidation team, to see what's in store for us. Am I too optimistic?

Reactions: JohnLocke
Why it been a hell on earth with payoneer > then choice bank and now with epayments? Are all those issues related about holding funds and not issuing cards, blocking cards???
I may say that I sense PAXUM soon gonna play the same s**t.
Holding funds and exploring working people already vulnerable.
Its been a year that I received a email saying my claim was taken fully and no email reply since.

Why it been a hell on earth with payoneer > then choice bank and now with epayments? Are all those issues related about holding funds and not issuing cards, blocking cards???
I may say that I sense PAXUM soon gonna play the same s**t.
Holding funds and exploring working people already vulnerable.
Its been a year that I received a email saying my claim was taken fully and no email reply since.
Please open a new thread for the other mentioned companies to avoid mixing the topic. People get confused!

Personally, I received about 53% of the claimed amount in August 2019.

My personal opinion: all is not lost. Let's wait for those "two to three weeks" after which we are supposed to be contacted again by the liquidation team, to see what's in store for us. Am I too optimistic?
Hello! You are lucky because you receive that 53%, others don't receive any amount.
They sent me the same msg, to wait this 3 weeks :(

Still popcorn time? Seems like the bank's turned into a milking cow for the liquidator. Can't blame a peasant/unemployed lawyer with an opportunity of a lifetime.

There's no formal announcement that they are waiting for bonds to mature, or smth. similar. And even then, a small bank like this could sell all of its illiquid financial assets within a week without collapsing the price. What else do they have on the balance sheet to justify years of milking? An office building, 4 paper clips, and 12 armchairs?

No email and no Money and is increadibly unprofessional to not answer emails or telephone. This liquidator Julian Murillo is doing a really bad job for Belize. Serious damage to Belize reputation.
Some the entire mess can't come to anyone surprise. It is the risk that everyone enters when doing business in such jurisdictions.

It is actually the perfect proof that even though the official rules say one thing, what is actually happening is a whole other thing. My point goes to all the users on this forum who are only concerned with the official rules and draw their conclusions from them when responding to threads in here.