Our valued sponsor

Closing down an HK limited, advice needed

delarue

May 21, 2018
Visit site
Hello everybody,

This topic has been already treated here, but with a couples of différences in my case.
I want to close my HK company which has nothing (no bank account, no asset), i have one audited return due, the thing is that Hong kong fees as everybody knows are just insane (about 2000 USD for new annual return, audit, application to "deregister"...).

The other think is a that i have a seychelles company with its bank account in Hong kong with some cash there.

What do you think is the best :

- don't give a sh... and forget about it as i won't do any business is this company in the future and as i'm not living in HK and not planning to go there
- resign as a director and forget about it
- do all the necessary stuff and pay 2000 USD for this bureaucratic Requirements for a company that i want to get red of to have the piece of mind.

Hello everybody,

This topic has been already treated here, but with a couples of différences in my case.
I want to close my HK company which has nothing (no bank account, no asset), i have one audited return due, the thing is that Hong kong fees as everybody knows are just insane (about 2000 USD for new annual return, audit, application to "deregister"...).

The other think is a that i have a seychelles company with its bank account in Hong kong with some cash there.

What do you think is the best :

- don't give a sh... and forget about it as i won't do any business is this company in the future and as i'm not living in HK and not planning to go there
- resign as a director and forget about it
- do all the necessary stuff and pay 2000 USD for this bureaucratic Requirements for a company that i want to get red of to have the piece of mind.
Resign and forget. Or just abandon it, but this in theory could give you problems if you want to open a new company in the future.
It is unlikely that the SWAT breaks in your home because of that.

Resign and forget. Or just abandon it, but this in theory could give you problems if you want to open a new company in the future.
It is unlikely that the SWAT breaks in your home because of that.
If i resign as a director, but still remain shareholder of the company ?

I see that the company registry Publish online some prosecution cases for company which didn't complied with their formal obligations with the names of the director : https://www.cr.gov.hk/en/compliance/prosecution.htm

Latest Threads