Our valued sponsor

Coinbase account created yesterday got freezed with funds in it. What can I do?

Greenote

Sep 30, 2021
Poland
Visit site
Coinbase have frozen my funds first day after opening an account and making a deposit. I got info that my account is "under review" and it will take 30-90 days...I am not sure what can be verified if I didn't even have an opportunity to do anything and why it is gonna to take so much time, but my anger won't change anything so nevermind. I tried to contact them, but there is no chance for that. I would like to know if someone of you have an idea how can I withdraw my funds quicker and resolve this issue.

The harsh reality is that you can't do anything other than wait and reply quickly to any additional requests for information that they may send you. They are within their rights (and are in fact obligated by law) to freeze an account for a reasonable period of time while conducting a review.

How long that will be depends on their workload and how complicated it is to review your account and verify your identity and origin of funds. If it goes beyond 90 days without any communication from them, you can try to contact the relevant financial services authority or a local lawyer to help apply some pressure on Coinbase.

It is extremely unlikely that they will confiscate the funds on the account. That's normally only in cases of suspected money laundering with very strong evidence. They will either approve your account and just reopen it, or close it and return the money.

Latest Threads