Our valued sponsor

Company for software sale

Husgi1906

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
Hello everybody

We sell online legal software, which we developed by freelancers. Now product is done and we are about to sell it. Me and my partner live in switzerland.

Where is the best country for now to create cheap a company?
- it should be able with nominee, because we are now employees and can not be public in a company register
- we want also to open a bank account so we can connect it with paypal for example. For bank account we want to open it via remote.
- maybe it would be good not to pay too much tax.
- for business we need the company to make some contracts with clients or with resellers.
- resellers will pay us via bank transfer

Any idea which country? And please maybe with which provider? I tried few years ago with delaware llc but no bank account accepted us...

I'd do it in Switzerland. Ideally, you'd do it under an AG/SA since shareholders are private by default and only directors would need to be replaced with Treuhänder. If you can't afford the capital requirements for an AG/SA, go for GmbH/Sàrl and see about having nominee shareholders and directors. If that's not viable either, consider a Kg/SNC since they have no capital requirements.

Opening a local bank account will be a breeze. You can usually open an account with UBS, Credit Suisse, or a local cantonal bank easily for a local company with local ownership/operations.

Starting an offshore company is just a waste of time and effort. The company will be tax resident in Switzerland so you'll have to pay local tax anyway, unless you plan to break the law. So you're not going to be (legally) saving any taxes by having an offshore company. You're not looking at nearly enough revenue to take on the costs necessary for an offshore company to qualify as tax resident offshore and, even then, there's no guarantee it wouldn't also be dually resident in Switzerland.

Ireland, with nominee/proxy service, director, secretary, high street bank, paypal, stripe, etc. Around 8000 EUR per annum.
Why is that hassle which will be 40% of OPs predicted earnings better even before they have to pay Irish tax (if they can even get away with that) than just setting up a business in their home country?

there is no reason to go for anything other than a local company when you think you will earn 20k a year.

Reactions: offshorewebhosting
Been reading this forum for some time now and @Husgi1906 I'd take @Sols advice and you should go for a Swiss S.A with a Nominee Director (provided by a professional fiduciary)

Count around 10'000CHF to 15'000CHF per year for such setup (~20'000CHF for the first year since you have to pay the company setup, lawyers etc..)

Something maybe that is not widely known is that the initial capital for an S.A is not 100'000CHF but 50'000CHF. The 50'000CHF remaining are only necessary when the Company is in trouble.

Latest Threads