Our valued sponsor

Company Incorporation Marshall Islands good?

happyjohn

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine made me aware of the formation of Companies in Marshall Islands where he has been advised by another friend to be incorporated! I was wondering how good are they compared to other offshore jurisdictions? What I have seen is that this islands are not very much discussed at any place that why I think it may be time to get started discuss the Marshall Islands and collect as much information as possible in this topic.

Questions to start with:

Is it anonymous to incorporate?

Does a Company incorporated ther pay tax?

Is share Capital required to be paid in?

Can we open an offshore account in an different jurisdiction?

Bearer shares allowed?

That should be my first questions I whish to get adressed. My friend told me that there is total privacy and no tax to be paid but it sounds more like some standard citation he got from the Internet rather to be something he know about.

If you have any input to the above please let us all not also please share your experience if you have.

Thanks, looking forward to hear from you Guys.

Reactions: lavel and JohnLocke
As far as I know you can appoint nominees to be director and shareholder so you may have a level of privacy!

Reactions: lavel
Here you can get some information:

The Limited Liability Company Act, 1996, as amended in 2005, which has been modeled after the Delaware Law, allows the formation of limited liability companies (LLCs) in the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
AND

There are no taxes, either on corporations, assets or revenue for non-resident companies.
Domestication or redomiciliation of foreign entities into the RMI is currently free of charge.

A RMI company can undertake any lawful activities, except providing banking, insurance and trust services. Accordingly, the words “bank”, “insurance” and “trust” cannot be part of the name of the company.

A company, be it an LLC or a corporation, can be formed in one day and shipped to you immediately after being formed. Since our local office operate the Registry, we can prepare and sign official documents in any of our offices around the world.
It is not possible to open a local bank account in Marshall Islands you will want to open an offshore account in an different jurisdiction.

Reactions: happyjohn
The gents I have been asking all told me they are unable to open an domestic bank account there. Actually they were unable to help with the bank account opening at all! :(
strange, an offshore company without bank account is worth nothing. Everyone need a bank account to use the company!

There are many Agents unable to help you with the bank account opening even if you form the company with them. Marshall Islands however sound interesting will do some research and even consider to incorporate.
Do you have any personal experience with it? Seems to me that you have to ask your agent before you start incorporating any Company with him! If his answer is negative you simply move on to the NeXT!

I would just find another Agent that can help with the opening of an bank account for my MI company it's not difficult to find someone capable of doing it.

There are many Agents unable to help you with the bank account opening even if you form the company with them. Marshall Islands however sound interesting will do some research and even consider to incorporate.
And I will avoid every single of them. They are not worth to make use at!

Latest Threads