Our valued sponsor

Controlling an offshore company without being registered on company docs?

Hi,

Apologies for the n00bish questions but for some reason to some of these things I'm unable to get a straight answer anywhere:

Is it possible to fully control a company without having your name registered in it?

1. I know about nominee directors but what is the agreement you do with them to prove you have the real control and that you can replace them later?

2. Do i still have to be registered as a shareholder in the company? I'm trying not to have my name anywhere.

3. Does the Beneficial Owner also written in the company docs and if yes, is it possible not to be and still fully control the company?

4. Is there such a thing as a nominee UBO, that will be the person that registers to financial institutions but in fact will not be controlling the funds and also to be able to replace him if needed in the future?

Is it possible to fully control a company without having your name registered in it?
Yes.

1. I know about nominee directors but what is the agreement you do with them to prove you have the real control and that you can replace them later?
It varies. Can be a power of attorney or some sort of a nominee agreement where your control is stipulated.

2. Do i still have to be registered as a shareholder in the company? I'm trying not to have my name anywhere.
Yes, unless you also appoint nominee shareholders.

Most jurisdictions have solved this by implementing a UBO register, where you as the Ultimate Beneficial Owner is still registered with the government. Financial institutions will also ask about who the UBO is. But this does not mean you have to appear on any of the company's ordinary documents/registers.

3. Does the Beneficial Owner also written in the company docs and if yes, is it possible not to be and still fully control the company?
Varies by jurisdiction, but UBO is commonly not listed.

4. Is there such a thing as a nominee UBO, that will be the person that registers to financial institutions but in fact will not be controlling the funds and also to be able to replace him if needed in the future?
A nominee cannot by a UBO because the UBO is the true Ultimate Beneficial Owner, which is a role a nominee cannot have.

Some people solve this by lying and claiming a nominee is UBO. This can end up having dire consequences.

Hi,

Apologies for the n00bish questions but for some reason to some of these things I'm unable to get a straight answer anywhere:

Morning, the POA must be notarized. Many colleagues and clients have only used an agreement without making an appointment with the notary and the owner have found many problems with the nominee and the legal value of the document.

Our team has a developed an innovative and transparent method exactly for the purpose you are trying to achieve, which is a mixture of cryptography and traditional legal setup. The main challenge is to find a notary who is willing to work on this task.

Reactions: bastard
Our team has a developed an innovative and transparent method exactly for the purpose you are trying to achieve, which is a mixture of cryptography and traditional legal setup. The main challenge is to find a notary who is willing to work on this task.
I would be happy to hear about it, if you prefer you can also PM me

Latest Threads