Our valued sponsor

CostaRica company for gambling just got my license

Maydi said:
Service providers offering you a Costa Rican gambling license are simply trying to "scam" you to pay a lot of money for nothing. There is no gambling licensing, you get no licence, period.
No license in Costa Rica is required. All you need to do is incorporate, which cost $200-500 and no annual renewal costs other than a cultural tax that costs about $30.

Anyone who claims to have acquired one, scan and post it here. You either have something that is completely fraudulent, or you have nothing more than a Personería Jurídica, which costs about $10 from the Registro de Propriedad after setting up your corporation (and here is valid only for 30-60 days), or you have a general Municipal business license, which likely costs about the same.
unfortunately you were right :( I though I had acquired a real gambling license for my CR company but it went out to be nothing than BS! I'm in the process of a license in Malta they seem to have a valid European license which can be used for a company incorporated there :)

There is no such thing as gambling licenses in Costa Rica.

If you want a cheap and easy gambling license, go for Curaçao. I think it costs $1,000 a month. The people over at Curaçao Egaming can help you set everything up, though I'd recommend a lawyer as well.

For more a reputable license, consider UK or Malta. Lots of law firms there that specialize in this. Malta has some very attractive tax refunds as well, making it possible to get your effective tax rate down to around 4%.

Most Respectable jurisdictions

Zqq said:
There is no such thing as gambling licenses in Costa Rica.
If you want a cheap and easy gambling license, go for Curaçao. I think it costs $1,000 a month. The people over at Curaçao Egaming can help you set everything up, though I'd recommend a lawyer as well.

For more a reputable license, consider UK or Malta. Lots of law firms there that specialize in this. Malta has some very attractive tax refunds as well, making it possible to get your effective tax rate down to around 4%.
Hi,

You should select your gaming license based on which markets you intend to advertise in as there are laws that govern that as well and that is bound to change as well. At the moment the gaming industry is being heavily regulated or banned all together in some countries. Malta has a good licensing reputation and can be very lucrative based on what type of license you apply for.

Maydi said:
Costa Rica has no policy about allowing or disallowing Costa Rican citizens to gamble online, so this service provider you copied above is just making this **** up. If you don't get it, Costa Rica has no laws what-so-ever regarding online gambling. Some providers operating in Costa Rica choose not to accept Costa Rican customers do to their own risk management decisions, and others do accept them. Poker Stars (openly operating from Costa Rica and licensed in Isle of Man) not only accepts Costa Rican citizens but actively markets to them, and has Costa Rican professionals (such as Humberto Brenes) on their "team".
Maydi, given the above, can I ask which companies (law firms) you would recommend for provision of company set-up and creation of banking relationships in Costa Rica?

Latest Threads