Our valued sponsor

Countries without public records (or with less info about director/owner)

microboi

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
Hello all.
I'm stuck in this limbo where I have to open a company and on the other side I don't want to scream to the entire planet the address where I sleep at. I live in Slovenia and in this country the owners addresses are public. Not only the company address, the person's address too so you can overhear the company owner's house with google street view from all over the world. I find this a form of violence. I understand this is as an old method to make neighbours envious of each other making the average citizen forget about the highly corrupted political class, but I will continue to fight for my right to do business safely.

My question is, is there a place in Europe or elsewhere where I don't need a fiduciary company, trust or nominee to keep (at least) my address private? Private from public view only. I don't care about law enforcement, courts, etc..

Since every payment gateway requires the name of the real owner/director and utility bills to be able to open an account I have to provide my name, not the nominee's. I doubt I will ever find a nominee willing to open payment gateways accounts for me.

Thank you for your help

You firstly need to find the payment gateway and bank you want to work with. Then check what countries companies they accept. You are unfortunately not free to pick a jurisdiction that meets your privacy needs without risking being unable to work with a payment gateway and bank :confused:.

Reactions: microboi
Hello all.
I'm stuck in this limbo where I have to open a company and on the other side I don't want to scream to the entire planet the address where I sleep at. I live in Slovenia and in this country the owners addresses are public. Not only the company address, the person's address too so you can overhear the company owner's house with google street view from all over the world. I find this a form of violence. I understand this is as an old method to make neighbours envious of each other making the average citizen forget about the highly corrupted political class, but I will continue to fight for my right to do business safely.

My question is, is there a place in Europe or elsewhere where I don't need a fiduciary company, trust or nominee to keep (at least) my address private? Private from public view only. I don't care about law enforcement, courts, etc..

Since every payment gateway requires the name of the real owner/director and utility bills to be able to open an account I have to provide my name, not the nominee's. I doubt I will ever find a nominee willing to open payment gateways accounts for me.

Thank you for your help
Microboi

You are talking about two different things. The address that you give to the bank is unrelated to the address of your company, you can have a Delaware company or a Seychelles company with your own slovenian address, both jurisdictions don't have a public registrar of companies so nobody will be able to google search your company.

The Bank will ask you for your address mainly for exchange of information purpose, as if you live within a CRS country, they will send over your company's bank account to the said country's tax agents.

Hi, Thailand is suitable for your task. When registering a company here, all shareholders indicate the local address of the registered office. Any other addresses do not appear anywhere. When working with the PSP, they will ask for address confirmation and there is no problem in giving them water or electricity bills from the local office by your name.
The only difficulty is that the service bills will be in Thai language, but in this case, you can do notarized translation and all PSPs accept it without any problems.
Also, in Thailand, there is no open register of shareholders.

I don't think there's any EU country that doesn't have a public register. If privacy is your concern then you don't have many options in EU. Cyprus and Gibraltar allow corporate directors and shareholders so you could spend a little extra and set up a Seychelles company to act as director / shareholder. This will keep your name and address off public registers.

UK does allow the use of a director's service address but your name will still appear on the register.

Without nominees, the only real option is an offshore company as director and shareholder. I don't know about the future of Cyprus but I believe Gibraltar will make UBO data available for purchase later this year. So you're details will be available there too.

Latest Threads