Our valued sponsor

Country with little copyright law enforcement?

I’ve dealt with similar enough issues in my web publishing time. For me it was a case of people selling photos they didn’t have the full rights to sell (such as a fashion photographer not having signed the proper model release form with the photograph’s subject). After a few structural changes, all copyright hits and infringements stopped. To achieve this I registered a company in the Seychelles to own and publish the site. Few people are interested in finding a lawyer to sue you there. If I were to consider other countries at this time, I’d presently look at Seychelles, Moldova (the authorities have 0 interest in enforcing copyright claims there), or similarly unattractive countries where the cost of finding a lawyer simply outweighs the benefits of suing someone.

Reactions: FFLC
I’ve dealt with similar enough issues in my web publishing time. For me it was a case of people selling photos they didn’t have the full rights to sell (such as a fashion photographer not having signed the proper model release form with the photograph’s subject). After a few structural changes, all copyright hits and infringements stopped. To achieve this I registered a company in the Seychelles to own and publish the site. Few people are interested in finding a lawyer to sue you there. If I were to consider other countries at this time, I’d presently look at Seychelles, Moldova (the authorities have 0 interest in enforcing copyright claims there), or similarly unattractive countries where the cost of finding a lawyer simply outweighs the benefits of suing someone.
Hi, I would like to know how you set up.

Did you use the Offshore company with nominee director /and/ shareholder?
So you mean people saw you state your website as own & operated in Seychelles and don't give you trouble?
They no longer sue U / your users?

Many thanks!

You should probably talk to an accountant to find out if you can legally use the Marshal Island company without committing tax evasion. I’m sure it’s possible, but you might have to register the company with your local government and disclose your name - meaning you wouldn’t be anonymous anymore.
There may also be other laws that would require you to disclose your name on the website - but maybe you could use a nominee. So it’s more complex than just incorporating the company.
Once they have your name, I guess they would still be able to report you personally, and not just the company.
Your best bet might be to use some kind of nominee setup.
What if the Marshall Island Offshore Company (nominee director + shareholder setup) receives all B2C customer payments,
and I register company in my home country, invoice the Marshall Island for consulting / software licence.
So I pay the home country tax based on the consulting revenue. No audit required in my home country for partnership. Does it solve the tax evasion risk?

There is no need to disclose my company or name on the website. But I will claim it's opereated in Marshall Island to make sure my home country company keep distance from it.

Latest Threads