Our valued sponsor

Craiglist or Dice?

uplana

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
Which website you mostly used as a job seekers to search for online freelancing Jobs? I prefer Craiglist the posted paid advertisement for the employers get great exposure. What about you?

heather said:
I have tried looking at Craigslist for work but all I have found are scammers. Of course, in my area, jobs are hard to find so that probably keeps the ratio of good to bad low.
Spamming is very common in each and every area of Internet business as its the most lucrative business for fraudsters. You have to be very choosy before applying for a freelancing job.

Hey Uplana, could you tell me of your experience with Craigslists. I did apply for two website content writing jobs over there but never got a reply.

We do have to send a message to the craigslist email id right?( the email given at the top of the post)

I've never landed a job from Craigslists. Maybe when I get more experience I'll be able to get them. I just started out you know!?

If you want you can send me a PM too to relate your experience with Cragislist.

tongyun said:
Like SiddFisher, I've responded to some job postings on Craigslist, too, but have never had a reply. I was looking for something part-time just to bring in a little something extra.
You can find a lot of scam on Craiglist. One has to be very careful while replying to a particular job listing on Craiglist. There are a lot of advertisement claiming to pay around $200 per day.

SiddFisher said:
Yeah, but when the job poster doesn't respond to any potential employees, its kind of disheartening.
I have responded to two job posts but none of the posters replied to my mail. :(
I have also got cheated on Craiglist regarding a data entry job. I think hiraafreelancer and getafreelancer are the best option for Craiglist. You will find more trusted clients and job listing there.

bluet said:
Craiglist is good for the job advertisers. I know many people is looking for a job and if you need some employees, craiglist is the right place to put your job ads
Craiglist is currently flooded with a strong network of fraudent advertisement. One has to perform a lot of research before applying for a particular job on Craiglist.

But there are many legit jobs available too!! Just ignore the ones that claim to pay you too much, and you're all set to go!

Getafreelancer and other freelance job listing websites are very competitive and a new guy would get easily overwhelmed(like I was!!) And moreover, they pay you peanuts compared to other job boards!! Most sites like GAF, getacoder,rentacoder,scriptlance are the same, the pay very less for even big jobs, like sales copy writing!!

BTW, do you apply to jobs on the Indian listings or overseas??

I've only applied overseas because of the fraudulent job listings by agents in the Indian craigslists!!!

SiddFisher said:
But there are many legit jobs available too!! Just ignore the ones that claim to pay you too much, and you're all set to go!
Getafreelancer and other freelance job listing websites are very competitive and a new guy would get easily overwhelmed(like I was!!) And moreover, they pay you peanuts compared to other job boards!! Most sites like GAF, getacoder,rentacoder,scriptlance are the same, the pay very less for even big jobs, like sales copy writing!!

BTW, do you apply to jobs on the Indian listings or overseas??

I've only applied overseas because of the fraudulent job listings by agents in the Indian craigslists!!!
You are right. Most of the Indian job listing are nothing more then fraudulent advertisement. I think Getafreelancer and Digitalpoint forum are few best sites to find a legal job for you.

I think you didn't notice that I said something about pay-in-peanuts. I want to emphasize on the fact that job networks like GAF and digitalpoint tend to overwork the employees and pay less.

Private clients pay much more than that.

SiddFisher said:
I think you didn't notice that I said something about pay-in-peanuts. I want to emphasize on the fact that job networks like GAF and digitalpoint tend to overwork the employees and pay less.
Private clients pay much more than that.
I am agree with you on this fact. One can also try Elance and Odesk to find high paying jobs of their choice. Their clients really pay much higher then GAF or digitalpoint.

SiddFisher said:
You've got a point. Elance is the most highly paying jobs network out there. Odesk isn't that high paying but the best plus point of Odesk is the test system. We can prove our worth with the tests on the site.
Every Job seeker has to pass through an online test before registering as an employee. Their employer are trusted one and there are no chance of any fraud as we can see on Craiglist and Digitalpoint forum.

where are you people located? I've never had a problem getting a response but not every employer responds. think of the many people reading the post and applying, I'm sure a lot of replies and resumes get lost or overlooked. but as with everything else, be sure you research anything before you jump in ..

Latest Threads