Our valued sponsor

Create a company in lithuania for crypto activities

alexismG7

Nov 13, 2021
Greece
Visit site
Hello guyz again

We are looking to open a crypto license company in Lithuania as legal entity. After a lot of search on internet, a find a lot of lawers office and companies that advertise that they prepare the documents in order to take a license.
All of them they advertise the word "license" but after a search on FCIS, FCIS write exactly the below:

"The activity of Virtual Currency Exchange Operators and Depository Virtual Currency Wallet Operators is not licensed in Lithuania; however, there is a mandatory requirement to inform the manager of the Register of Legal Entities no later than within 5 working days from the start or termination of such activity." for more details check the link: Financial Crime Investigation Service

In my country also the Capital comission does not provide in any license, they requirements are quite a same, and you are register as digital asset provider in exhange with fiat.
But when i talk with some experts all of them tell me the following: No, in your country crypto are not regulated, the EMIs will not cooparate with you, you need license on Lithuania or Estonia.

Maybe something i miss there, Lithuania does not provide any license only a register same as on my country, why EMIs accept one company that is register on Lithuania and not in my country that is on Europe?

Best regards
Alexander Mylonas

Hello guyz again

We are looking to open a crypto license company in Lithuania as legal entity. After a lot of search on internet, a find a lot of lawers office and companies that advertise that they prepare the documents in order to take a license.
All of them they advertise the word "license" but after a search on FCIS, FCIS write exactly the below:

"The activity of Virtual Currency Exchange Operators and Depository Virtual Currency Wallet Operators is not licensed in Lithuania; however, there is a mandatory requirement to inform the manager of the Register of Legal Entities no later than within 5 working days from the start or termination of such activity." for more details check the link: Financial Crime Investigation Service

In my country also the Capital comission does not provide in any license, they requirements are quite a same, and you are register as digital asset provider in exhange with fiat.
But when i talk with some experts all of them tell me the following: No, in your country crypto are not regulated, the EMIs will not cooparate with you, you need license on Lithuania or Estonia.

Maybe something i miss there, Lithuania does not provide any license only a register same as on my country, why EMIs accept one company that is register on Lithuania and not in my country that is on Europe?

Best regards
Alexander Mylonas

Hey Alexander,

Check out my previous post about it: https://www.offshorecorptalk.com/threads/crypto-activities-in-lithuania-how-to.34608/

but it is not the same as having a crypto license.

Generally speaking, Lithuanian crypto-authorization is the same as Estonian license, with fewer requirements and cheaper.

It is recognized among financial institutions and does the same job.

Reactions: alexismG7
Reactions: Gediminas