Our valued sponsor

Creating a LLC in US (truck dispatch service)

d444ru

Dec 29, 2022
serbia
Visit site
Hello everyone I am interested in opening a single member LLC in the US as a non-resident from Serbia. I am planning on starting a freight dispatch service with 0 employees in the US and be working from home in Serbia. From my research I know that is is very much possible to open an LLC as a non-resident and not be taxed in the US, although am unsure on whether my specific type of income and earnings are effectively connected and if I am ETBUS = subject to tax.

My service would be to connect carriers to loads - these loads come from brokers and I ultimately negotiate with the broker on behalf of the carrier. The broker pays the carrier - I charge a percentage of that amount which is paid by the carrier to me (either through me sending an invoice and being paid through PayPal, Stripe etc. OR the trucking company's factoring company pays me my percentage). So the carrier pays for my service directly to me (my business).

This is my first post on here so if anyone needs anymore info I'll be happy to provide and am looking forward your help :)

Hello,

if your service is done without having a dependant agent or facility in US and without requiring your physical presence it will not be subject to any US tax since it is considered as personal services or labour outside the USA.
Having USA clients does not necessary trigger ECI (effectively connected income) or FDAP.
In any case better you ask a CPA in USA in order to be sure but from what you are describing your work you shouldn't have any problems in USA.

On the other side you have to take a look on how Serbia will threat your US LLC since this could be seen as a Serbian company from a tax standpoint and thus be subject to taxation in Serbia.

Reactions: Eldorado and d444ru
Hello,

if your service is done without having a dependant agent or facility in US and without requiring your physical presence it will not be subject to any US tax since it is considered as personal services or labour outside the USA.
Having USA clients does not necessary trigger ECI (effectively connected income) or FDAP.
In any case better you ask a CPA in USA in order to be sure but from what you are describing your work you shouldn't have any problems in USA.

On the other side you have to take a look on how Serbia will threat your US LLC since this could be seen as a Serbian company from a tax standpoint and thus be subject to taxation in Serbia.
Thanks for the response, I'll certainly get in touch with a CPA / consultant to confirm!

Reactions: OffshorePhantom
@d444ru
Curios to know how it worked out?
The business itself seems not of brightest prospect...take for example this guy, calling right and left for 1 hour straight without scoring a single deal:
Frightening, if it is like this it doesn't seem to be an efficient use of time (ludnica)

Sincerely hope you can do better

Latest Threads