Our valued sponsor

CRS and corporate bank account?

saasman

Mar 18, 2021
Morocco
Visit site
How does CRS work if you just own a foreign company with a foreign business bank account?

Does CRS also cover business bank accounts?

and if so what $ amount do they report since it's a separate entity? do they just report that i personally own the balance on my business bank account because i'm a UBO? (sounds rediculous)

It depends if its an active company or passive company (receiving dividends etc). If active then the company is reporter to where the bank deems it is tax resident. Your name is not reported.
If its an passive company then then owners are reported.

Isn't passive/active determined by the owner's country and not the reporting country?
When I've gone through reviews the bank compliance forms asks us if we are a passive or active company. I think the bank also has a duty to make sure this is correct, and won't rely only on what we say if they have reasons to believe otherwise.

When I've gone through reviews the bank compliance forms asks us if we are a passive or active company.
I have heard that before with the banks in Cyprus, I never figured out if this is real and if they indeed not report UBO if the company is active or if it is just something the CSP's say.