Our valued sponsor

CRS - Country of residence change during fiscal year

ArchieFRR

Aug 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I live in a european country and I have made some profits this year trading crypto on an exchange based in the UK. My question concern my account details that I initialy sumited to get verified by the exchange (i.e. passport and utility bill as proof of residence.

What if I change my residence to another country before the end of the year ? let say to a more friendly juridiction, do you think the UK tax authority will report my account information to my new country ? or report to both countries ?

Thanks,

From "STANDARD FOR AUTOMATIC EXCHANGE OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION IN TAX MATTERS © OECD 2017"

"A Reporting Financial Institution must implement procedures to ensure that a relationship manager identifies any change in circumstances of an account. For example, if a relationship manager is notified that the Account Holder has a new mailing address in a Reportable Jurisdiction, the Reporting Financial Institution is required to treat the new address as a change in circumstances and, if it elects to apply subparagraph B(6), is required to obtain the appropriate documentation from the Account Holder."

http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/docser...est&checksum=885FB3D1A6B64048B160B5D7EC3B9E9D

Latest Threads