Our valued sponsor

CRS-Reporting in Northern Cyprus?

even if this topic is 2 years old i have something interesting here:
i was last week in north cyprus (NC) and opened up an bank account in a turkish bank isbank. my tax consultant told me open up an account there, nobody, not even isbank turkey, will see anything.
The first thing the lady at isbank NC told me was, that in yeas 2018 i tried to open a bank account at isbank in turkey.

SO THEY OF CORSE TURKISH BANKS DO REPORT TO TURKEY!
I'M still trying to find me a way out...maybe the local bank like "near east bank" will work since they only exist in NC.
what did you expect? It is quite literally the same bank.

even if this topic is 2 years old i have something interesting here:
i was last week in north cyprus (NC) and opened up an bank account in a turkish bank isbank. my tax consultant told me open up an account there, nobody, not even isbank turkey, will see anything.
The first thing the lady at isbank NC told me was, that in yeas 2018 i tried to open a bank account at isbank in turkey.

SO THEY OF CORSE TURKISH BANKS DO REPORT TO TURKEY!
I'M still trying to find me a way out...maybe the local bank like "near east bank" will work since they only exist in NC.
They are under the same pressures from all sides as every other country on earth. Don't believe that they are not going to report.