Our valued sponsor

Travelling from Northern Cyprus (ERCAN), impact on Cypriot residency & tax?

Hi,

as some of you may know, the tension between Southern Cyprus and Northern Cyprus are high, however, I have a question about potentially travelling from ERCAN airport (Northern Cyprus) and leaving the country by crossing the border into the Northern part through the green line in Nicosia and flying into Turkey.

I am a EU citizen, and a yellow slip holder and later this year I will attempt to get my non dom status here in Cyprus.

My concerns are that if I leave through ERCAN airport and arrive back in Southern Cyprus (Larnaca) 6 weeks later, the officers at the airport might give me a hard time due to the following reasons:
- Potentially a turkey stamp / exit stamp from ERCAN AIRPORT
- No exit record in Larnaca airport, while arriving back in Larnaca

My journey would look like this,

ERCAN AIRPORT -> ANTALAYA (Turkey)
ANTALAYA -> FRANKFURT
FRANKFURT -> LARNACA

So I would leave from ERCAN and arrive back in Larnaca. I know that for non EU citizens, leaving through ERCAN is not a lawful exit, but for EU citizens it appears to be under free movement clause.

Does anyone know if it's safe to do this trip as planned without having issues with obtaining non dom, or having my cypriot residency cancelled due to leaving through ERCAN?

Thanks in advance for the comments

Are you doing a dry run for escaping any military draft? conf/(%

My journey would look like this,

ERCAN AIRPORT -> ANTALAYA (Turkey)
ANTALAYA -> FRANKFURT
FRANKFURT -> LARNACA

Sorry what is purpose of these actions? To not spend time in Cyprus and not have them find out while obtaining non-dom or tax residency status?

What are you talking about ??
For those who didn't know, they have always been high, haven't they?

Are you doing a dry run for escaping any military draft? conf/(%

Sorry what is purpose of these actions? To not spend time in Cyprus and not have them find out while obtaining non-dom or tax residency status?
No, I'm simple trying to travel out of the country, I'm not a cypriot citizen so no military for me. I need to go to Turkey for a business trip but travelling through ERCAN instead of Larnaca makes the trip 16 hours shorter as else I would have to fly to eg larnaca -> athens -> istanbul

i'm trying to figure out if travelling through ERCAN would give me any issues in the future while arriving back in the south