Our valued sponsor

Crypto friendly EMI and/or Bank for a foreign-owned US LLC

TerraMan

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
I am a non-US and non-EU citizen and resident and I own a US LLC. I am looking to open an account for that LLC with which I will be able to receive US wires and then send the money to my personal Advcash account, or at least buy crypto directly. I am looking into Revolut and Bankera, but I am not sure if I can open an account there as a US LLC owned by owner that is neither a US or EU citizen or resident and if I can send money to my personal Advcash.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance kind people!

@TerraMan

With regards the LLC, does this have A TIN?

what service category is the LLC currently operating In?

Try mercury bank, quite flexible with regards onboarding LLC's..

There was also a reseller of US LLC's aound in the past, have not seen him long.. he claimed to be able to open bank accounts for US LLCs, crypto friendly.

Anyone here successfully pased kyc with usllc to be registered on either Kraken / BinanceUS / Gemini / Coinbase ? What info are they asking for? I'm looking for an exit direction (cashout).
I tried US LLC at FTX they asked for

1) Executed (signed and dated) operating agreement. If you do not have one, please state that this is the case. 2) Please list all members with the percentages of equity interest in the company. 3) Proof of source of funds: Your most recent company bank statement would suffice. 4) Your most recent invoices, receipts, or contracts sent to customers.

Reactions: JosephLL
@TerraMan

With regards the LLC, does this have A TIN?

what service category is the LLC currently operating In?

Try mercury bank, quite flexible with regards onboarding LLC's..
Thanks for the response! Yes, I do have an EIN assigned for the LLC. I formed it for crypto trading primarily. As far as I can see, Mercury is very much crypto unfriendly, they dont want to do anything related to cryptos?

There was also a reseller of US LLC's aound in the past, have not seen him long.. he claimed to be able to open bank accounts for US LLCs, crypto friendly.
@tacokai

currently a propable solution for owners of LLCs would be to get an offshore entity , setup in a more friendly jurisdiction thats readily acceptable by EMIs.

an added option would be setup a subsidiary based on the LLC services, business activity with same name as LLC, the subsidiary in turn would enable @TerraMan get setup and onboarded with prospective EMI of choice.

US LLCs currently are considered undesirable by EMIs at least at the moment.

I am a non-US and non-EU citizen and resident and I own a US LLC. I am looking to open an account for that LLC with which I will be able to receive US wires and then send the money to my personal Advcash account, or at least buy crypto directly. I am looking into Revolut and Bankera, but I am not sure if I can open an account there as a US LLC owned by owner that is neither a US or EU citizen or resident and if I can send money to my personal Advcash.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance kind people!
Try Arrival bank, silvergate bank, FV Bank and let us know the outcome

I am also interested if anyone was able to get a bank account as a foreign owned llc. I am also interested in crypto / stock exchanges.
I have read in this forum that FV Bank, Arrival will open for US llc but silvergate, signature like companies not registered in US. Silvergate seems to onboard UAE free zone companies.I am told among UAE local banks emiratesNDB works well with kraken's bank frick euro account. Someone can try these ideas and inform us the outcome.

I have read in this forum that FV Bank, Arrival will open for US llc but silvergate, signature like companies not registered in US. Silvergate seems to onboard UAE free zone companies.I am told among UAE local banks emiratesNDB works well with kraken's bank frick euro account. Someone can try these ideas and inform us the outcome.
Thanks. I forgot to mention that my LLC is US. I will try Arrival and FV once my EIN arrives. One important thing about Arrival though is that it is actually based in PR. I hope that would not be a problem with brokers such as IBKR.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that my LLC is US. I will try Arrival and FV once my EIN arrives. One important thing about Arrival though is that it is actually based in PR. I hope that would not be a problem with brokers such as IBKR.
You should ask arrival bank but I assume they give you a local US Bank account which ibkr should accept.

Although veteran members on this forum post that silvergate bank is only for B2B structures, their policies might have changed since then. I assume that your business structure involves only you trading with your own money ie not on behalf of any clients.
Still it would be worthwhile to contact them and apply .you won't lose any money on application rejection. If they do accept you then it's better since they are a proper regulated bank.your money is insured by federal insurance corporation.
Please let us know on this forum,the out ome of your silvergate application.it will help others in similar situations

Last edited:
Arrival Bank will work - it's like a domestic US Account for Fedwire and ACH Payments however when it comes to International Wire Transfers it's through a Pooled Account with Payment Reference.

You should ask arrival bank but I assume they give you a local US Bank account which ibkr should accept.

Although veteran members on this forum post that silvergate bank is only for B2B structures, their policies might have changed since then. I assume that your business structure involves only you trading with your own money ie not on behalf of any clients.
Still it would be worthwhile to contact them and apply .you won't lose any money on application rejection. If they do accept you then it's better since they are a proper regulated bank.your money is insured by federal insurance corporation.
Please let us know on this forum,the out ome of your silvergate application.it will help others in similar situations

You are right, I am only going to trade with my money. Also they are $10/month with $0/mo for balances above $1500, while arival is $100/mo.

@tacokai

currently a propable solution for owners of LLCs would be to get an offshore entity , setup in a more friendly jurisdiction thats readily acceptable by EMIs.

an added option would be setup a subsidiary based on the LLC services, business activity with same name as LLC, the subsidiary in turn would enable @TerraMan get setup and onboarded with prospective EMI of choice.

US LLCs currently are considered undesirable by EMIs at least at the moment.

What would be a good jurisdiction for that?

What would be a good jurisdiction for that?
Take a peep at the few usual suspects
uae
uk
HK
Sych
Mauritius
The above jurisdictions are lot less tricky compared to a US LLC..

Latest Threads