Our valued sponsor

Crypto Tax Setup in Portugal for trading

thelovers

Mar 3, 2023
UAE
Visit site
Greetings everyone

I have come up with an idea which I plan to discuss with a financial planner, but I wanted to propose it and to hear your thoughts. As a trader, could I benefit from the Portugal NHR scheme which among other things offers a 0% tax rate on foreign income, while getting paid from a company set up in Isle of Man (which offers a 0% tax rate on capital gains) where I would do the trading from?

The idea seems good and legal, most importantly! Thanks, love you all

Greetings everyone

I have come up with an idea which I plan to discuss with a financial planner, but I wanted to propose it and to hear your thoughts. As a trader, could I benefit from the Portugal NHR scheme which among other things offers a 0% tax rate on foreign income, while getting paid from a company set up in Isle of Man (which offers a 0% tax rate on capital gains) where I would do the trading from?

The idea seems good and legal, most importantly! Thanks, love you all
Sadly, IoM is on Portugal's blacklist. Confirm it here for yourself:
Portugal's Blacklisted jurisdictions

Oh, my bad, thank you very much for this source, I was completely off track

Could a similar thing be done with a company set up in a place that doesn't tax capital gains? I assume it would be possible, still. There must be a way!
This is outside my circle of competence. When I researched Portugal and this came up, I dumped Portugal. When "bad people" (=people establishing these rules in Portugal)) make things convoluted, I exit. There is NO good business with bad people.

Last edited:

Latest Threads