Our valued sponsor

Cyprus, Belize, Latvia, any other: what is the best package?

vietrans

Offshore Agent
Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm EU citizen, have a company in EU and receive payments from all over the world, mostly from UK, India, some African countries. I would like to go partly offshore just for my personal spending. I need to have a company, bank account and payment card and no risk of being taxed in my own country.

No payments will be done from my company to the offshore company, my clients will pay directly to the offshore company bank account.

I need a bank card that I could pay with online and in stores in my country (usually it will have my name on it - do you think the payments are checked by government in retail sector?), so should I go for a standard business VISA or for the anonymous prepaid card?

I'm considering Belize company with bank accounts in Belize and Latvia. Do you think it is a good match?

Firstly I thought Cyprus will be a good idea, but I see some risk in Cyprus being an EU country.

How should I plan the company and bank accounts to be risk free? Should I look for TIEA, DTA agreements between my country of residence, the company country and the country of the bank account? Also the countries of my clients?

Well TIEA, DTA etc. will not help you in questions of risk they are only telling you if the country has a Information exchange agreement in place with your country.

Cyprus is absolute safe (as safe as other small country banks) not sure what issues you may have but you can't compare Cyprus with Greece for instant.

A Belize company can open a bank account in Cyprus or you could find a bank for instant in Belize that will accept your business.

Admin said:
Well TIEA, DTA etc. will not help you in questions of risk they are only telling you if the country has a Information exchange agreement in place with your country.
Cyprus is absolute safe (as safe as other small country banks) not sure what issues you may have but you can't compare Cyprus with Greece for instant.

A Belize company can open a bank account in Cyprus or you could find a bank for instant in Belize that will accept your business.
Thank you!

When you say that Cyprus is safe, do you mean confidentiality? If I have a company in Cyprus and bank account in Cyprus, have nominee shareholders and directors, am I completely secret? What is the risk of Cyprus sharing details with my country? I would still want to have a bank card for payments? Should I get the anonymous card?

The problem with Belize bank is that some of the clients cannot pay to Belize bank, e.g. from India it is blacklisted. Do you know if it could work if the company is in Belize, but the bank account is in Cyprus or any other territory that is not banned, e.g. Latvia? Does that make any difference?