Our valued sponsor

Cyprus company formation question

Hey guys!

I am a Cypriot resident and was born and raised here. I also did army here.

I want two things:

- I want to leave Cyprus and live in Netherlands or Norway
- I want to get rid of the army trips by doing the above

How can I set up a company and not pay SDC? Is there any solution to this? I am pretty sure it's impossible for me to get non-domicile, but was just wondering if there is a workaround for this, since with SDC, the taxes are close to that of a sole trader. My income right now is around €84k/year, but expected to rise.

Thanks!

Reactions: JohnLocke
Hey guys!

I am a Cypriot resident and was born and raised here. I also did army here.

I want two things:

- I want to leave Cyprus and live in Netherlands or Norway
- I want to get rid of the army trips by doing the above

How can I set up a company and not pay SDC? Is there any solution to this? I am pretty sure it's impossible for me to get non-domicile, but was just wondering if there is a workaround for this, since with SDC, the taxes are close to that of a sole trader. My income right now is around €84k/year, but expected to rise.

Thanks!
For example, you could operate as a branch office of a foreign company in Cyprus.
Assuming you don't qualify as a tax resident in Cyprus but are a tax resident somewhere else, you could save tax this way.
Norway and the Netherlands do not seem like the most optimal countries for this purpose, but a Norwegian/Dutch company with a branch office in Cyprus would indeed not pay SDC.
Tax residency in Estonia + Estonian company with a branch in Cyprus would be a total of just 12.5% CIT in Cyprus, and no more taxes in Estonia.