Our valued sponsor

Cyprus company - phone number?

Jerry1911

Pro Member
Oct 5, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Is a local phone number necessary to have for a Cyprus company? I would rather have a UK national +44 33 number as it's 3x cheaper than +357 22.

Thanks

P.S. I have nothing to do with the UK

Hi all,

Is a local phone number necessary to have for a Cyprus company? I would rather have a UK national +44 33 number as it's 3x cheaper than +357 22.

Thanks

P.S. I have nothing to do with the UK
Why not buy a pay as you go sim card and use a CY mobile number instead? You just have to top up it a couple of times a year to keep it active and with "roaming like at home" you can use it across EU countries at no extra cost.

It does enhance substance of the company. There are cheap solutions; not nesessarily to go to CYTA etc.
I agree with both – personal experience.
Re: solution, I am usually using VOIP numbers for such purposes. You can look e.g. here Incoming DID Numbers in Cyprus | Localphone
Why not buy a pay as you go sim card and use a CY mobile number instead? You just have to top up it a couple of times a year to keep it active and with "roaming like at home" you can use it across EU countries at no extra cost.
It works but it's good only inside the EU. Otherwise, roaming fees can be a deal killer. VOIP works flawlessly almost everywhere, except some countries like KSA where some tricks are necessary to bypass local restrictions...
Does anyone know if CYTA allows you to forward calls to non-Cypriot numbers?
Sorry – no clue; but Localphone referenced above for sure.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Some law firms and corporate service agents offer it as a part of their substance package. But you don't need a Cypriot phone number in order to have a Cypriot company.
I know, but I'm thinking more in terms of substance.

It does enhance substance of the company. There are cheap solutions; not nesessarily to go to CYTA etc.
I suppose it makes no difference if one is a tax resident of Cyprus.

Why not buy a pay as you go sim card and use a CY mobile number instead?
That's precisely what I've done as it might be useful in the future in order to avoid CRS reporting back to my home country. Not that they'll be able to do anything as I will have moved to Cyprus by then, but I don't want them to receive any kind of financial info of mine they aren't entitled to...

Either way, the plan is to drop the SIM card into a USB modem hooked up to a Raspberry Pi running a SMS to email forwarding script.

Btw: Cyprus: Push for mandatory registration of prepaid SIM cards – Famagusta Gazette