Our valued sponsor

Cyprus non dom certificate

You need to have a tax ID number, which for a natural person usually requires residence permit or proof of residence, and documents proving you aren't Cypriot. They focus mainly on your family ties. You might be asked to show your parents' passports, birth certificates, death certificates, and other documents like that.

Once you have that, you can get the non-dom certificate remotely through a lawyer or accountants, if you don't feel like taking a second trip to the tax office.

You need to have a tax ID number, which for a natural person usually requires residence permit or proof of residence, and documents proving you aren't Cypriot. They focus mainly on your family ties. You might be asked to show your parents' passports, birth certificates, death certificates, and other documents like that.

Once you have that, you can get the non-dom certificate remotely through a lawyer or accountants, if you don't feel like taking a second trip to the tax office.
Thank you Sols.

Is the tax ID number easy to get? Do you need to visit the tax office in person?

It's easy to get if you have residence permit, employment contract, or other connection to Cyprus. It can take as little as under half an hour from stepping into the building to walking out with a tax ID.
Would an accountant be able to take care of this too or is my physical presence required? I am not in Cyprus right now but I have the residence permit and can scan it and send it to them along with any forms.

It's easy to get if you have residence permit, employment contract, or other connection to Cyprus. It can take as little as under half an hour from stepping into the building to walking out with a tax ID.
Does a EU citizen who spends more than 183 days in Cyprus without working need a Tax ID?
I know that it is necessary to get the Certificate of Registration (Yellow Slip) at the Immigration.

Does a EU citizen who spends more than 183 days in Cyprus without working need a Tax ID?
I know that it is necessary to get the Certificate of Registration (Yellow Slip) at the Immigration.
Actually the tax identification number is obtained after yellow slip is issued as the yellow slip is requested upon application for a TIN.

Happy to PM if you need any assistance

Actually the tax identification number is obtained after yellow slip is issued as the yellow slip is requested upon application for a TIN.
Thank you. I was also wondering if it is mandatory to get the TIN if someone does not work or has an income below 19500 euro; I'll be travelling for some time and might sell some crypto for a few thousands of euro. I was thinking about Cyprus as tax residence for one year or two.

Last edited:

Latest Threads