Our valued sponsor

Declaring cash at customs

Alkaline

Apr 30, 2021
ESP
Visit site
Want to travel from EU to a country outside of EU.
I will be carrying less than 10k cash which i don't have to declare at costums of my country.
At the country where i will travel to this amount is higher than the allowed undeclared amount of money.
Is there any exchange of data of the declaration between the non EU country and my home country?

Want to travel from EU to a country outside of EU.
I will be carrying less than 10k cash which i don't have to declare at costums of my country.
At the country where i will travel to this amount is higher than the allowed undeclared amount of money.
Is there any exchange of data of the declaration between the non EU country and my home country?
No there is not exchange of data but you are risking yourself to having your money confiscated until you can prove origin of funds + a fine

I think, if you declare the funds at arrival, they won't confiscate it, even if you have no supporting documents by hand.
Especially, if you carry less than 10k cash.
This is exactly what i thought. Such low amounts can have a lot of origins without any documents. I guess only the story needs to make sense. This is just money for daily expenses and nothing special.

Latest Threads