Our valued sponsor

Detailed situation for hard CRS questions?

Pragutal

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys and gals,
Sorry for a big post!

First post here, but been a longtime reader unregistered and have gained tremendous help from other posts, some similar to this one.
The FATCA and CRS questions has been answered in many different ways, and it usually just goes as "how do I avoid it?"

I would want to give my own experience and end on a few questions for anyone who maybe has an answer.

In my case, I want to pay tax. Granted, as little as possible to the country I reside in because nor me or family pulls benefit.
I have tried contacting several different lawyers and accountants to shape my company situation so that it would be beneficial for me
while I pay reasonable tax. The closest I came was looking into a Holding Company (EU) and reshape my situation a little, but all in all it ended in
failure.
If I would do it legally, I would need to pay 23% (which is good), but gain a very low withdrawal limit (salary), or pay 55% and do what
I want - no other benefits included unfortunately.
Neither of these suit me and my goals, so after 6 months searching I have given up.
I have no investment plans where I reside either and won't for the next 10 years.

I now look to hide my hard earned money in a foreign account (which I have) UNTIL I manage to set a new company structure up
with a foundation or similar to improve tax outcome.
During this time, I invest as much as I can and this goes via SEPA (IBAN) transfers to private accounts (buy/ sell).
I might start indulge in crypto and real-estate soon as well.

I earn enough to be considered high-earner, but I am in no means rich.... yet (hopes).

Lead to Question:
I have Payoneer and they have proven to be GREAT! However, I am not allowed to do any transfers to another name than my own,
found out the hard way.
However, they stated that they do not disclose ANY information to tax authorities if not directly requested and year end balance
in such a case, at least that is what they told me.
Me and my friends have used it for years and no issue, but it's a ticking time bomb.

Paysera, Bitsafe, Paxum, OFX, Paypal, MoneyNetInt and a few more is for a few reasons not what I seek.

However, I have been looking at Bankera and Wise (old TransferWise).

Actual Questions:
- Would Bankera or Wise be considered a good alternative to Payoneer and their very limited CRS sharing?
- I need to be able to do SEPA transfers until the end of the year without risking (or at least drastically minimize) the risk of tax authorities in EU finding out? In other words, they will just receive total end balance if any.
- Anything else I might miss coming to mind?

* My income is fully legit and white, no shady stuff, I just don't agree with the tax options I have received and want to secure my own future better. Seek time to set everything up and want to hopefully
avoid loosing half my income in a country I don't tend to live in from next year. :)

Thank you all for reading!

Payoneer is using pooled accounts that are not reportable under CRS yet.

However everything with dedicated IBAN like Wise and Bankera have to report under CRS. If they don't do yet - they will for sure do sooner then later.

First and foremost which country are you a citizen of and what is your residency.
Sweden on both accounts there, but have lived in Asia, Australia for many years and plan to reside permanently in Asia the coming year or year after.
I had an offshore accountant take a look at Swedish loopholes with offshore businesses, but the only way I could take benefit would be if I have investment plans in Sweden.
By that I mean that I can buy/ invest in things as my company and pay less tax (or rather, use some tax money to invest instead of loosing it).
Probably requires a new company formation as well, otherwise I get the tax but no benefits.

Another solution would be to pay income tax and not disclose my company, but that risk investigation and is a ticking time bomb as well.
That path I need to also not disclose all income, since I would be back to the same high tax since I earn more.
Finally is was a Holding Company, but I can only take out a low amount per year, anymore than what is allowed and I am back to high taxes again.

Seems structuring up a new formation and keep all my assets offshore in a "kinder" jurisdiction is the path to go, but would love some time to reach that and invest
in the meantime via IBAN.
However, I know the CRS doesn't allow for it, so was hoping a similar to Payoneer solution was out there for a year.

I could in theory wire money to a crypto processor platform I guess, but that would be scary and time consuming.

All in all, I have no issues paying 20-35%, but 50-55% (more than I get to keep) is going against everything I believe in, especially since I pull no benefit from it.
Tricky question and I feel I am stuck on the IBAN investment part.
Keeping money safe and sound is no issue, but IBAN investments....Hmm....

What kind of business are you in and roughly what is your monthly income (gross)?
So far seems that, if there was a bottom line for all discussions on this forum, one needs to rellocate physically to a low tax country and reside there
I understand though that this is possible only for digital businesses in the cloud, which need be 100% detached from the physical place
Sometimes I am wondering how come there are so many people nowadays earning big money with trully 100% locationless businesses...

What kind of business are you in and roughly what is your monthly income (gross)?
So far seems that, if there was a bottom line for all discussions on this forum, one needs to rellocate physically to a low tax country and reside there
I understand though that this is possible only for digital businesses in the cloud, which need be 100% detached from the physical place
Sometimes I am wondering how come there are so many people nowadays earning big money with trully 100% locationless businesses...
trading, consulting, amzaon, youtuber, instagramer, life/datingcoach, "nudetuber" ;), programmer.
There are many possibilities.

Latest Threads